Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I'm getting my Mom a 600 w/ Sprint and I have a few questions because I'm not familar with Sprint's Data rates.

I read the whole thread and it's my understanding that Sprint now offers unlimited vision for $10 a month and this includes 100txt ? ...and for $5 more she can get unlimited txt?
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    I use the unlimited pda data plan from Verizon for $45 per month. It works well for me.
    I have the family plan with sprint and have an additional line, both lines are treos and unlimited vision and unlimited sms for free. free vision is incuded on plans that have 2000 anytime minutes, the second line is also free. we end up payind no more than 55 bucks a month each after my 18% employer discount and that's including all the extras like insuance on both lines unlimited n&w. no complaints here.
    Thanks for the help. I was just thinking... if I get the unlimited internet access on my Treo 650 and it has email access, couldn't I bypass the need for MMS by sending photos as attachments from my email? I send lots of photos, which is why the possibility of having to pay for unlimited internet AND an unlimited media plan bothers me, especially coming from Sprint where I get both unlimited for $15/month.
    I am with Cingular and pay $19 per month for unlimited data.
    How did you score $19 for unlimited data?
    TMO Unlimited, $19.99
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by ispep
    Thanks for the help. I was just thinking... if I get the unlimited internet access on my Treo 650 and it has email access, couldn't I bypass the need for MMS by sending photos as attachments from my email? I send lots of photos, which is why the possibility of having to pay for unlimited internet AND an unlimited media plan bothers me, especially coming from Sprint where I get both unlimited for $15/month.

I have Sprint. I send my pictures as e-mail attachments.

Cheers, Perry
    You americans are lucky.

Us Canadians are getting raped. We pay

$60 for 15MB @ 80Kbits/sec max. or
    $100 for 100MB @ 80Kbits/sec max.

Each MB thereafter is like $5/MB.

It's disguisting and I'm starting to hate Rogers Communications for it. IMHO this stuff should be regulated by the Canadian Government since it is chargable air waves and Rogers seems to be a monopoly up here as far as wireless PDA data goes for Treo.

Ahhh well. I need it for my line of work, so I can justify it. But people looking for a hobby or techies whom want a neat toy are really going to pay up the a$$ for playing around with new technology.

Ahh well. I guess it all balances out. My son needs needs a factor XIII shot each week @ $1000 US. Since we're in Canada, it's all free. I guess I can't complain =)
    Quote Originally Posted by hexed
    You americans are lucky.

Us Canadians are getting raped. We pay

$60 for 15MB @ 80Kbits/sec max. or
    $100 for 100MB @ 80Kbits/sec max.

Each MB thereafter is like $5/MB.

It's disguisting and I'm starting to hate Rogers Communications for it. IMHO this stuff should be regulated by the Canadian Government since it is chargable air waves and Rogers seems to be a monopoly up here as far as wireless PDA data goes for Treo.

Ahhh well. I need it for my line of work, so I can justify it. But people looking for a hobby or techies whom want a neat toy are really going to pay up the a$$ for playing around with new technology.

Ahh well. I guess it all balances out. My son needs needs a factor XIII shot each week @ $1000 US. Since we're in Canada, it's all free. I guess I can't complain =)

I can't believe the data prices you have!!

Glad to hear about your coverage for your son.

Send a price comparison chart to Ottawa -- maybe they will start listening.??

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    I pay approx $105 per month via sprint and my plan (which I believe is grandfathered since I got it several years ago) includes the following:-

2,000 nationwide minutes
    unlimited Sprint to Sprint
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited SMS/MMS
    Second line on the plan (my wifes) with the 2,000 mins shared

Overall I like the plan and the coverage (I travel for work) and I don't think that you can really beat the price for all of the above. The only thing that I do is to check the amount of minutes used when it is getting in 20+ days of each month...been bitten a few times for going over 2,000 mins...but don't want to change the plan in any way.
    I have the exact plan for me and the Mrs. on my Treo600 and her LG something flip. Coverage sucks badly at our home and so I'm glad to have found this thread to learn what others are paying so I can explore and plan my Treo650 upgrade....or wait for the i730 on Verizon....hmmm
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456