1.    #1  
    http://digital-lifestyles.info/displ...tforms&id=2152

I typed out that passage in less time than it says he did, and made a ton of mistakes (which I had to go back and fix). I wonder if they didn't include the whole thing?
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 04/27/2005 at 02:38 PM.
    I read about the old SMS record and I was sure I could've beaten it with my Treo, but I never got around to calling Guiness.
    Wonder if the guy was using KeyCaps650???
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
  4.    #4  
    Keycaps wouldn't really make him any faster, just more convenient. I still think the time they quoted for that passage is downright slow.
    Hope I'm not too off-topic here: Several months ago, I read a story about elite world-class video game players. Average players can perform 50-70 actions per minute playing action video games. Some elite players can perform up to 400 actions per minute. (My Treo's calc tells me that is 6.66 moves per second.) Once the players reach about 20 years old, their reflexes slow down and they are considered "too old" to keep up with the younger guys.

I was into games when I was a teenager (during the days of PacMan, Astroids, etc.) I truly believe being a gamer back then helped me to learn concentration and focusing skills which help me in my business today.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Keycaps wouldn't really make him any faster, just more convenient. I still think the time they quoted for that passage is downright slow.
    Actually, since he was only using one hand, KeyCaps would increase his speed, as he wouldn't have to move his hand back and forth to the alt and option keys.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
  7.    #7  
    Oh it was one hand? I didn't see that part. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Oh it was one hand? I didn't see that part. :-)
    Not only was it one hand, it was a single thumb doing all the work!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Not a very "real world" usage of the T650 tho - if I've got both hands free I'm two-thumbing it; if I've only got one hand free it's one thumb, but slow due to cradling the phone & typing with the same hand. One thumb super fast typing is just madness!