1.    #1  
    I am patiently waiting for the VZW release of the 650. However my work has me under pressure to take a BB 7250 instead. The machine will be used in a sales environment for phone calls(3000mpm) & emails. What are the pros and cons of the two and how can I pursuade my IT guys that a Treo is best. Help!
    well, your challenge is going to be that your IT guys have already invested in the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) - that's what runs the device and pushes out the email to it. The Treo can do all the same things; it just needs a server of its own. You probably won't be able to convince the IT guys to support you with a Treo, since they'd have to a) purchase a separate type of server (doubtful), and b) support another infrastructure (even less likely to happen).

So - your options are:
    1. Find a bunch of other Treo users, to gain support and momentum to get the IT guys to get some other server besides BES. Examples are Good Technology (www.good.com) and Intellisync (www.intellisync.com).
    2. If that doesn't fly, you might be able to run on your own, depending on how you operate with your PC and such. If you're able to leave your own PC on and running (most can't), you can use your own PC to push all your calendar data out to you in real time. There are many choices there. Verizon uses a service from Intellisync called 'Wireless Sync', and one of the choices is that your PC essentially acts as a server, sending all your Outlook/Exchange data out to your Treo. If you don't want to or can't leave your own PC running, you can get SOME other PC in the company to perform that function for you - that's called the 'WorkGroup' version of Wireless Sync. I use that, and it works great. Email hits my device as soon as it hits my Exchange - and the best thing is that Wireless Sync, in either flavor - Personal or WorkGroup version - is free.

many choices, all depending on how your work is set up, and how controlling your IT guys are. Good luck!!
    I love my Treo, but for your needs it's a no brainer. Go Blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    well, your challenge is going to be that your IT guys have already invested in the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) - that's what runs the device and pushes out the email to it. The Treo can do all the same things; it just needs a server of its own. You probably won't be able to convince the IT guys to support you with a Treo, since they'd have to a) purchase a separate type of server (doubtful), and b) support another infrastructure (even less likely to happen).

So - your options are:
    1. Find a bunch of other Treo users, to gain support and momentum to get the IT guys to get some other server besides BES. Examples are Good Technology (www.good.com) and Intellisync (www.intellisync.com).
    2. If that doesn't fly, you might be able to run on your own, depending on how you operate with your PC and such. If you're able to leave your own PC on and running (most can't), you can use your own PC to push all your calendar data out to you in real time. There are many choices there. Verizon uses a service from Intellisync called 'Wireless Sync', and one of the choices is that your PC essentially acts as a server, sending all your Outlook/Exchange data out to your Treo. If you don't want to or can't leave your own PC running, you can get SOME other PC in the company to perform that function for you - that's called the 'WorkGroup' version of Wireless Sync. I use that, and it works great. Email hits my device as soon as it hits my Exchange - and the best thing is that Wireless Sync, in either flavor - Personal or WorkGroup version - is free.

many choices, all depending on how your work is set up, and how controlling your IT guys are. Good luck!!

i use ws personal. where can i get the workgroup version? is it on the vzw website?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    go blackberry. you'll be a fish swimming upstream if you're the only one with a treo.
    don't get me wrong, the treo 650 is a superb device - so multifunctional and a delight to use. but for your needs I think you have to go blackberry here.
    if it were me in your shoes, that's what I would do.
    I gotta have more cowbell