Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 160
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    You check your Palmgear watchlist on a daily basis because you MUST HAVE the very latest version of every piece of software on your Treo . . . and if there is an update you drop everything else to install it.
    Hummm, good idea!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Don't you guys feel guilty about all this? I do, but only when it is late at night when there is nothing else to do.
    OK, class, today's words are POWER BUTTON. Can you say POWER BUTTON?

    Face it, people don't want to hear our toys beep and sing in the restroom or in meetings so we MUTE them. And offline time is not only permitted but in some instances -- like relationship preservation -- required.

    Find the off button. Read the user manual to understand how it functions. Use it.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I mess with the Treo in the car and at work. I shut it of when Im with my wife. I got to school online and work online so I chit chat on this board then but pay zero attention to it when the wife gets home.
    I second that, and I speak as a reformed CrackBerry user. "Hi, my name is Bill" "Hi, Bill" ...

    I know they treat Internet addiction now... will PDA addication be next?
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Does he post here? I have seen it a few times from another member.
    Timeout. I thought you were teasing me. I have no idea what the work link is.
    Last edited by shopharim; 05/05/2005 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote
  5. #105  
    In your post the word WORK is a link. Its kind've annoying. I always forget and click on it. There is another poster here that almost always has it in his posts. Sometimes more than once.
  6. #106  
    Ive never seen it, what happens when you click it?
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Ive never seen it, what happens when you click it?
    Now its gone.... VERY strange! Its looks like a search page some definitions some business opportunities, etc..

    I wonder if something on my pc does this
  8. #108  
    Better run an adware scan, you've been bugged.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Better run an adware scan, you've been bugged.
    I ran an adware killer. There was a couple but nothing that looked like the culprut. We'll see. If it is me, its a good thing I deleted the almost posted attack on the other poster I see this with quite frequently
  10. #110  
    I've never noticed that. I'm glad you explained...I went back over sophorim's posts looking for it. Duh! I really need a life, I've been online all day. Is anyone else ADDICTED to their Treo??? ;-P
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Hummm, good idea!
    yes it is. time to make a list.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I've never noticed that. I'm glad you explained...I went back over sophorim's posts looking for it. Duh! I really need a life, I've been online all day. Is anyone else ADDICTED to their Treo??? ;-P
    Im not sure which I'm more addicted to, messing with all the apps on my Treo or chit-chatting with all you craze people
  13. #113  
    About the "work" link- is it even possible for my PC to convert the word in a forum to a link? It seems more likely that it would be someone jacked TC to convert the word, but with nobody else noticing it????????
  14. #114  
    Where's EvilGhost? He would know WTF! is up with the "work" link.
    I cant find the page it loaded in my history either

    This is really starting to tax my viewing time of Christina's pic
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    About the "work" link- is it even possible for my PC to convert the word in a forum to a link? It seems more likely that it would be someone jacked TC to convert the word, but with nobody else noticing it????????
    More than likely, the poster had put a link to the word "work" and edited his post to take it off later on. You can do that you know, edit posts.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    You know you're addicted to your Treo when...

    You can't be on the computer without logging onto TREOCENTRAL.COM
    That would be me, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #117  
    I know...it's bad. With the infinite resources the internet offers, TC is the first bookmark I hit in the morning. THEN, I get caught up and never leave...
  18. BrettS's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    About the "work" link- is it even possible for my PC to convert the word in a forum to a link? It seems more likely that it would be someone jacked TC to convert the word, but with nobody else noticing it????????
    There was a virus/adware type program out there a while ago (unfortunatly I can't remember what it was called) that would turn specific keywords in a web page into links. If I remember right it would double underline them instead of the normal single underline for a regular link. The point was that advertisers would pay to 'hijack' links on people's browsers. A shady company selling cell phones might pay to have the word 'wireless' link to their web site. People with a job search engine might pay to have the work 'work' linked. I'd definitely run an antivirus program (I like the free housecall at www.antivirus.com) and an antiadware program (I like adaware from www.lavasoft.nu)

    Good luck,
    Brett
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    More than likely, the poster had put a link to the word "work" and edited his post to take it off later on. You can do that you know, edit posts.
    You must have missed part of the discussion, shopharim said he didnt put a link in his posts, sxtg sees it all the time, and in other posts also. We never see them, and I for one read throughly and click everones links. I dont think every one is putting the same link to the same word in their post randomly and always going back to change them just to trick sxtg.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    There was a virus/adware type program out there a while ago (unfortunatly I can't remember what it was called) that would turn specific keywords in a web page into links. If I remember right it would double underline them instead of the normal single underline for a regular link. The point was that advertisers would pay to 'hijack' links on people's browsers. A shady company selling cell phones might pay to have the word 'wireless' link to their web site. People with a job search engine might pay to have the work 'work' linked. I'd definitely run an antivirus program (I like the free housecall at www.antivirus.com) and an antiadware program (I like adaware from www.lavasoft.nu)

    Good luck,
    Brett
    Good to know someone has heard of this. I thought maybe I was nuts for a sec. I ran all the anti goodies. Now I wait to see if it happens again.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions