Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    When you look at your son's pictures and realize that you have spent more time with the damn phone than with your own child. And now it is too late to bring those days back.

Al
    I hope that isn't completely true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    No kidding! What a way to bring a light-hearted thread to a grinding halt.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You know when you're addicted to your Treo when...

You take a day off work to read your Chatteremail manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Not completely, but I feel bad some times. I wish I had more time to do more than what I do. I have PS2 games that I haven't finish, movies that I haven't finshed and other things that I wish I could do.

Al
    I see it -- although it's nice to poke fun, I admit -- as when someone crosses over from using such a device as a tool into the dangerous situation of being completely focused on the tool for it's own merit. That is, use your device for good... to make your life easier or to *avoid* the need to spend so much time in the office, etc. If you use it as an excuse to simply do more work, then you have crossed over IMHO.
    Okay...to put this back on the happy topic I love to read every morning...

You know you're addicted to your Treo when your PC crashes and you justify buying it by saying, "We can ALL surf the web wherever we are!". Then, you COMPLETELY freak out if anyone so much as glances in its direction!

"Are your hands clean?"
    "Don't walk around, you'll drop it!"
    "Stand over the carpet not the hardwood!"
    "Don't press the screen so hard!"
    "You only have to push the button ONE time!"
    "Just sit down! No, not there! It might slip out of your hand and hit the brick!"
    "Ugh! Here, give it to me, I'LL do it!"

I spend a lot of time on Neopets.com now...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ... when you get your boss to buy one even though you both have company supplied crackberries oops I mean blackberries.
    Of course I set it to "vibrate" to avoid meeting interruptions,
    put it into my pants pocket,
    and WAIT for incoming calls.......
    You know you're addicted when:

1 you are doing a show and tell of your treo, you ask people to use the stylus instead of their fingers.

2. When you spend 3 hours looking for and listening to parts of 30 mins podcasts that you could listen to on your treo, spending more time QAing them then listening to them.

3. Backups and Tweaking software behavior has ported over to other devices.

4. You curse the lack of signal while inside buildings, saying "stupid <insert carrier name here>".

5. you blog with your treo.

6. you use your treo stylus or your finger to tap on a Tablet PC.

7. You rate new sites based on how quickly it could load on your treo.

8. You've become a XML newsfeed *****.
    Last edited by Blademonkey; 05/04/2005 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130

"Are your hands clean?"
    "Don't walk around, you'll drop it!"
    "Stand over the carpet not the hardwood!"
    "Don't press the screen so hard!"
    "You only have to push the button ONE time!"
    "Just sit down! No, not there! It might slip out of your hand and hit the brick!"
    "Ugh! Here, give it to me, I'LL do it!"
    :
    Thats funny,

I had games on my kyocera 7135 and the treo 600 just incase the kids got board in the car, but some how lost them all when I switched to the 650

The games, no the kids
    Here is one of the best articles I've read since I got my Treo:
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/Fr...elf_from_Email

Two Applications that are driving my wife nuts are:

Verichat: My friends and relatives IM me all the time and my wife hates that especially on weekends.

ChatterEmail: Wow, this app is awesome for me. But my wife now sees that I not only get notified every time somebody wants to chat with me, but now I have to read and reply to emails every time I get one.

Don't you guys feel guilty about all this? I do, but only when it is late at night when there is nothing else to do.

Al
    I mess with the Treo in the car and at work. I shut it of when Im with my wife. I got to school online and work online so I chit chat on this board then but pay zero attention to it when the wife gets home.
    You know you're addicted to your Treo when...

You can't be on the computer without logging onto TREOCENTRAL.COM
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    And when you do, you simultaneously hope your favorite threads both have and don't have new posts
    ...have so you can continue the disucssion
    ...don't have so you can get some work done for a change
    Shopharim,

Whats with that "work" link I keep seeing lately?
    it's a running joke I have with my employer
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    it's a running joke I have with my employer
    Does he post here? I have seen it a few times from another member.
    You check your Palmgear watchlist on a daily basis because you MUST HAVE the very latest version of every piece of software on your Treo . . . and if there is an update you drop everything else to install it.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast