Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    One should always use caution when pulling out ones whiz-banger at social gatherings.
    I don't know if it's the quick wit, or the picture of the monkey, but your posts cause me to double over in laughter (wiping my eyes now).
    You guys still crack me up! Yes, please practice safe whiz-banging!
    You know you're addicted when you're on a train and watching with unrestrained disdain some pathetic shlub trying to send a text message from a phone that has only the numeric keypad. Hit 2 twice for B, then 3 twice for E..... Poor bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    You know you're addicted when you're on a train and watching with unrestrained disdain some pathetic shlub trying to send a text message from a phone that has only the numeric keypad. Hit 2 twice for B, then 3 twice for E..... Poor bastards.
    I have had several typing contests with my 13 year old, her on her non-pda, me on my t650, the results are split 50/50, we call her blurry thumbs
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I have had several typing contests with my 13 year old, her on her non-pda, me on my t650, the results are split 50/50, we call her blurry thumbs
    same with my teenager its mind boggling
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Can you believe I spend more time on my Treo! When I get on my Laptop or PC, I do less....on my Treo I do 100% more things that I would do, email, surfing, downloading & overall I spend hours!
    I have moved all my IM activity to my Treo, even when I'm on a PC. Never again will I need to worry about being out of touch just because I got up from my desk. Freedom!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Sheesh! On my old SE-610 I could get MAYBE 2 1/2 words per minute!! I guess when I see somebody typing like me I figure that's the norm. Kids these days, they're so adaptable. They get good at whatever they have on hand. I guess it's us old dogs that can't learn the new tricks.
    You know you're addicted when you're sitting in church and the irresistible urge to check your emails comes over you.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    ...and you do it
    Well I'm in threapy!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    ...and you do it
    And then figure it will just take a minute to respond...
    but while you are at it you might as look through your apps...
    Oh... and check how much memory you have...

And what was that webpage I was thinking about earlier...
    My god Datebook5 is so versatile... didnt know it could do that...
    I forgot about that appointment for tomorrow... I better check the rest of the week so i dont forget anything else...
    Good thing I checked... i have to have that memo out by Tuesday...
    I will just type a little bit of it now in Docs to go to save myself a little bit of time....
    Oh wait... I have to...

SMACK
    (that of course is my wife smacking me in the back of the head with a look of disgust on her face)

Feeling silly I lean over to my wife... and whisper softly in her ear...
    "I am going to move up a few pews...I cant work with you smacking me in the head. See you after church!!"
    And all of that is even more difficult to do while trying to stay out of view of the priest/minister/rabbi.
    When you feel SO superior in a waiting room because you can check the latest news, check your e-mail, read e-books, surf the web, or play games while other people are reduced to reading lame three month old magazines.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    And then figure it will just take a minute to respond...
    but while you are at it you might as look through your apps...
    Oh... and check how much memory you have...

And what was that webpage I was thinking about earlier...
    My god Datebook5 is so versatile... didnt know it could do that...
    I forgot about that appointment for tomorrow... I better check the rest of the week so i dont forget anything else...
    Good thing I checked... i have to have that memo out by Tuesday...
    I will just type a little bit of it now in Docs to go to save myself a little bit of time....
    Oh wait... I have to...

SMACK
    (that of course is my wife smacking me in the back of the head with a look of disgust on her face)

Feeling silly I lean over to my wife... and whisper softly in her ear...
    "I am going to move up a few pews...I cant work with you smacking me in the head. See you after church!!"
    That last part is living dangerously!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I think you are addicted to your Treo when every time someone leaks a new ROM image, you take a leap of faith, edit the image by hand to get exactly the apps you want in ROM and istall it, knowing that if something goes wrong, you have completely wrecked your favourite device!
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Just gearing up to replace my customized 1.21 with my new customized 1.23.
    Alexander Burke
    Hardware hacker and all-around technogeek
    1. You only buy pants that have a special pocket for your 'Treo'!

2. You have spent as much as the 'Treo' cost in accessories!

3. When your 'Treo' sleeps on the same pillow as you do at night!

4. When you can't take a 'crap' unless you have toilet paper & your 'Treo'!

5. You use 'Directory Assistant' before you use the Yellow Pages!

6. You can't go to the 'grocery store' without your 'Treo' because you need 'Handy Shopper'! (I love that app)

7. You would rather go without food & water than to go without your 'Treo'!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    4. When you can't take a 'crap' unless you have toilet paper & your 'Treo'!
    True, true, true

<--- this one looks as if it may be in there on the treo for awhile
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/03/2005 at 06:06 PM.
    Your family has learned to hand you your Treo before asking you a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Your family has learned to hand you your Treo before asking you a question.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    When someone askes you a question, any question, and you glance at your Treo first.

And another "hear, hear" for the toilet comment. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast