Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    My 650 is in never never land. I have sprint 650 with the 1.08 update and unclear why this is happening, but 650 keeps on trying to reboot, but doesnt get past the palmone section, and the palmone logo keeps fading in/out. Also, pushing the reset slot, with/without power button pressed is doing nothing. First time I've seen a Treo where resetting wont occur.
    Any ideas?
    Also, what is a zero out reset. Have searched forum, but cant find instructions - might this work here?
  2. #2  
    you need to do a haed reset
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichNY
    Also, what is a zero out reset.
    Click this link and marvel at the knowledge you've just aquired.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichNY
    My 650 is in never never land. I have sprint 650 with the 1.08 update and unclear why this is happening, but 650 keeps on trying to reboot, but doesnt get past the palmone section, and the palmone logo keeps fading in/out. Also, pushing the reset slot, with/without power button pressed is doing nothing. First time I've seen a Treo where resetting wont occur.
    Any ideas?
    Also, what is a zero out reset. Have searched forum, but cant find instructions - might this work here?
    I had the same problem. Talked to customer service and they gave me the following instructions. Worked just fine. Hold down the red "phone off" button while you take out the battery. Put the battery back in again and let go of the "phone off" button. The Palm logo appears. After a few seconds a new window pops up and asks you if you want to delete all data. Press "up" on the 5-way navigator. Most of your favourite setting (favourite buttons, E-mail settings etc) will be installed on your phone after a hot sync. You have to re-set some preferences (country, date, time etc). Hope this helps.
  5. #5  
    That will be a HARD reset not a ZERO reset...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Click this link and marvel at the knowledge you've just aquired.
    Insertion, just want you to know I take half the info you give and stick it in yahoo notepad, your a very helpful monkey, and if I owe you anything for the knowledge Christinac130 offered to pay the bill
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Insertion, just want you to know I take half the info you give and stick it in yahoo notepad, your a very helpful monkey, and if I owe you anything for the knowledge Christinac130 offered to pay the bill
    Thank you. That's about the right ratio. Fifty percent useful info, forty percent absurdity, and the other ten percent...well, tends to bring the Hammer Of The Mods down upon the monkey's skull.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the help. It looks like I've fixed this by cleaning out apps.
  9. ambtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #9  
    RichNY

    My resets were particularly bad - I did one other thing, which was delete the Palm Software from my computer, including clearing out the Backup folder (I did backup important data stored on the Treo - mainly pictures) and so far things are good, knock on wood.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Insertion, just want you to know I take half the info you give and stick it in yahoo notepad, your a very helpful monkey, and if I owe you anything for the knowledge Christinac130 offered to pay the bill

    James...you have to ask me nice before offering my favors!
  11. #11  
    Chuckle, chuckle ,,,,, thats OK monkeys do not have pockets anyway.

Posting Permissions