1.    #1  
    Help, please.
    i currently have a kyocera 6035. it is ok, but the flip is failing, and it is very large. i went to best buy and the sprint store to look at treo 650's and both places tell me that they are having all kinds of problems. best buy said that they won't stock them until the bugs get worked out. the guy at the sprint store said that everybody that buys one, brings them back. he also could not demonstrate any features. he suggested the sprint ppc-6600. it was kind of cool, but almost bigger than my 6035. i was hoping to downsize. and he could not demonstrate any features of the 6600 either.
    so i sought out you people. are you all really having all this trouble with the treo 650's, or is that sales crap?
    so far i have been ok with sprint. i don't really go deep with conectivity, special apps, and that kind of stuff, but i do want limited net, contact mgmt. date book, and such, and i realize some of the regular flips do this kind of stuff, but damn it, i learned grafitti and i am not quite ready to punch a 6 four times to get an "O".
    some advice folks.......
    I saw all the bad press from customers on CNET, bought one anyway(it was calling me, LOL!) and it works fine, go figure!

You should research this forum thoroughly, the bugs are discussed here and also what may cause them. It's up to you in the end though, really. Not everyone reports problems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating here. Before buying my 650, I joined the boards here and started reading everyday. What I read were a lot of threads complaining about this and that. I was a bit worried about all these "problems" I kept reading about, so I sent several PMs to users of 650s. Every reply I received, was a positive one saying I should go for it. So I went ahead and bought one, and I can say with confidence that I love this phone and I have not had any problems whatsoever. I have several 3rd party apps installed, mp3s, 2 movies, and ever since I installed all of my apps the first day, I haven't had a single reset.

If you are smart about using your Treo, and if you have problems, figure out what app or apps are causing it, you won't have problems with it. Overall I feel the 650 is an excellent product and will serve your needs well.
    treo 650 is not the best...it has its share of bugs.. but it is the best and coolest pda/phone combo out there.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    careful ruben, some here may take that to be "treo-hater" remark. lol. just teasing. (rolling eyes)
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I, my wife, friends, and co-workers all love our Treo 650s, no regrets. There are bound to be an issue or two as with every phone or PDA out there, but in all in all nothing to prevent you from having a great experience.
    The PPC-6600 looks like a great PDA/Phone and it gets great user reviews on phonescoop.com
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/use....php?phone=570
    So it comes to preference. If you want a Palm OS, Treo 650 delivers very well. If you want Windows CE, the PPC-6600 looks like the best (only decent) PPC PDA/phone. I don't care for the slide out keyboard or form factor of the PPC-6600, and I love the Treo's form factor. Like you said, it's also very big. I don't know why all of the WinCE PDA phones they keep making are so damn big, haven't they learned from Palm.
    As far as I can tell you'll get the same speed data on either devices and are probabally very comparable when it comes to features, at least on paper they seem to both do most of the same things.
    I'd still take the Treo, but that's me. Also, worst case scenario you should be able to return it to Sprint to get something else.
    If you like Sprint, stick with it. They have the best prices on service including $15 unlimited data whereas all of the other carriers are more expensive. That is as long as you're happy with their coverage area. I'm a Cingular man myself.
    Don't hold back, if you like Palm OS PDAs, you'll love the Treo 650. I agree, the keyboard rocks over Grafiti.

Hey 1 Million Treo 600s sold and the Treo 650 is even better. There are a lot of very happy customers out there.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Taylor, did you see my posts about the 6600? Questionable durability depending on how heavily one uses the phone. Demo was outright broken in one store, and the plastic casing is just a bit too lightweight. That was probably the concept but I'd feel better with heavier plastic. What if you dropped it, and will the screen flex in your pocket or purse? Fragile IMO. I was going to buy the 6600 until I saw it may not hold up for a long period of time. Plus the keyboard is ugly! Treo 650 all the way for me!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ok blairman well i just got mine 2 days ago and well i was just like you worried about the problems that occurred but i gotta say that i love this phone/pda. i have had pdas in the past but this beats them hands down. im with cingular and its just awesome. this is my first pda phone, where as in the past i just had a flip phone and i liked small phones, but i didnt know the advantages and fun that you can have with a pda phone..i say go for it.
    I was in a Cingular store on Saturday and asked how 650 sales were going. The reps said they can' keep them in stock and have had no returns after the initial few shipments of shaky phones. Ever since the Cingular Voicemail update and SIM card fix, the Cingular phones are, for the most part, stable. I don't know why Sprint would be reporting more problems. Maybe the 1.08 update?
    I'm an avid PPC fan but I bought a Treo(Palm) 650 knowing that the OS is ancient. I just wanted edge connection and to be able to surf the internet from my phone. The built in browser BLAZER sux. But it's still the fastest smartphone available in Detroit since EVDO isn't here yet. I'm just gonna be happy with my Treo until my perfect

PPC
    EVDO
    BLUETOOTH
    WIFI
    MEGAPIXEL CAM
    QWERTY KEYBOARD
    3.5 STEREO JACK

device comes out.
    I'd say go for it. However, if you are a graffiti lover, give the keyboard on the Treo a try. I too, was a die-hard graffiti user, but have grown to using the keyboard religiously.

As for the salespeople not being able to show you any features, it doesn't surprise me. Especially if it was at Best Buy. I am surprised Best Buy didn't try to sell you on the expensive phone though. They are notorious for upselling customers on thing they don't need.

I've had minimal problems with my 650, the occasionaly reset here and there. Most of my resets have been my fault, either loading a program that I hadn't checked on the compatibility, or something else. The only time I did have a serious problem, it was the SIM card and not the Treo.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    go for it!! i paid full price for mine even reading all the bad reviews and i love it! if it breaks i will get another no doubt. especially at half of what i paid for this one. buy it and try it for the trial period. if you dont like it return it. but the longer i have had mine the more cool stuff i find to put on it.
    I think the Treo 650 is fantastic! The only trouble I've had is that the re-set went into a loop when I downloaded Java (I followed the link from the Palm CD). Spoke to customer services who helped through a hard re-set. They also told me not to install Java as other users had reported the same issue. Get it!
  14.    #14  
    you all are the best. and i have confirmed what i suspected, that y'all just love 'em. and the sales people really do not know from what they speak. (boy, that is a stretch!) that is why i sought out this board, people that have them. the ppc-6600 is cool, but it is almost the size of a laptop. i will be back with all the stupid newbie questions in a couple of weeks, as soon as i figure out how to buy one for half price!
    something tells me to buy from the sprint store for this item, so i have the support if i need it.
    thanks again, i am sold!!!
    The only thing the PPC-6600 really has going for it is that it has 3G capability (EV-DO.)
    Otherwise I agree, I don't like the form factor, and I'd break the slide down keyboard after a couple months of heavy use, I just know it.
    Besides, look at the thing, how do you hold that to your ear?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G