1.    #1  
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    good find.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    #1. Viruses that have been found are for Symbian-OS phones.
    #2. Hacking into T-Mobiles Sidekick is a nonissue. Sidekicks store contacts and other information on a T-Mo server, and that is what was hacked.
    #3. Bluetooth can be dangerous. Keep your phone undiscoverable, and for the most part, you should be fine.
  4.    #4  
    I wasn't trying to yell "the sky is falling", just to make some here aware there are risks, small as they may be. Since many here seem to love BT and also not everyone is strictly a Treo user, it's somewhat useful(so I thought).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I didn't mean to sound snappy. I was just giving a quick rundown of the situation. And if that is a picture of you in your avatar, you look like you could be pretty hot (and that's coming from a guy who's happily married to a very hot woman). Looks like Angelina Jolie's mouth.
    in the matter of the SK2 it wasnt even hacking....someone simply figured out the passwords to enter the Desktop Interface which is stored on Danger's servers, which allows you to view pics...contacts...appointments....
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I did a search of virus and mobile devices. The only people talking about the are F-Secure. Since 2000 there seems to have been only one reports of a Palm virus and that wasn't even in te wild.

Discovered by... F-Secure

Virus will come, it's inevitable...
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    I have been running Symantec Antivirus for Handhelds on my Treo 600 for almost a year. It has an over the air live update function that I run when I remember, to update the virus definitions. In that time, the definitions have a total of 4 items; 3 trojans and 1 virus as follows:

Palm.Liberty.A (Trojan)
    Palm.Phage.A (Virus)
    Palm.Vapor.A (Trojan)
    Palm.MTXII.A (Trojan)

Not much of a threat.
  9.    #9  
    Even if it is a small risk, if they were to get on your PDA, they might wreak havoc. And the possibility that someone could hijack your records through BT is a bit scary. I believe HP is warning us not to be so complacent and assume we're safe. Since these devices are very popular, you can expect an increase over the next few years.

I'd be more worried about bluesnarfing than I would be a virus.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    I have been running Symantec Antivirus for Handhelds on my Treo 600 for almost a year. It has an over the air live update function that I run when I remember, to update the virus definitions. In that time, the definitions have a total of 4 items; 3 trojans and 1 virus as follows:
    Interesting list.. So I did a quick google:
    Palm.Liberty.A (Trojan)
    From the Symantec Website: http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/da...liberty.a.html

# Number of infections: 0 - 49 (number of actual computers)
    # Number of sites: 0 - 2 (number of actual sites)
    # Geographical distribution: Low
    # Threat containment: Easy
    # Removal: Easy

Looks like someone was amongst the unlucky 49 people in the world...
    Palm.Phage.A (Virus)
    I only found decent reference in English (perhaps the Russian info is of some value, can someone google and translate for me?). I also found this on the Symantec web site:http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/da...e.dropper.html

# Number of infections: 0 - 49
    # Number of sites: 0 - 2
    # Removal: Moderate

http://www.securitydocs.com/pdf/3026.PDF
    The above document is a strategic analysis on Wireless security. Palm.Phage gets an honerable mention.

Palm.Vapor.A (Trojan)
    Found on the Anti Virus Asian Research web site: http://www.aavar.org/avar2003/presen...Eric_Chien.pdf

Interesting presentation about real word threat of virus on Hand Held operating systems, not dated unfortunatly bus does list all four peices of malware that you mentioned.

Found on the Symantec Website http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/palm.vapor.html

# Number of infections: 0 - 49
    # Number of sites: 0 - 2
    # Removal: Easy

Some Spanish websites documented this as a "proof of concept" trojan.

Palm.MTXII.A (Trojan)
    No information availbale on the Palm website, just a note saying it's in the virus definiation file. I did find a dead link to the virus information on the Japanese web site. The google cache of the page showed that Symantec knew nothing about the trojan.

I couldn't find anything else of use in english on the web about this trojan.

Not much of a threat.
    No, not really. Not yet anyway.

-S
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 04/17/2005 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I believe HP is warning us not to be so complacent and assume we're safe. Since these devices are very popular, you can expect an increase over the next few years.
    Very true, although I remain cynical towards Symantec and F-Secure at this time, I won't pretend that my T600 will be forever safe.

-S