1.    #1  
    "Is that a Blackberry?"

This is the question I get when people see my T600

I blame it on Canadian's being more aware of the Blackberry's. RIM seems to have a lot of corporate partners that will only allow employees to use RIM PDA devices, and the CDMA carrier here does not ofter any Treo's.

What do people say when they see your Treo?
    The exact same thing.

Blackberry has become the generic term for anything small with a screen and a keyboard !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I got that question last week. I replied that Treo was what you have when the BB grows up.
    Same her its just B.B. is cool, so like you said, anything with a keyboard & screen is a B.B. to them. Then I tell/show then can a B.B. do this: Star Wars movie on a Treo! Blows their mind....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Exactly.
    "Is that a Blackberry?"
    "No, it's better." :-)
    I know exactly what you mean and it drives me crazy. I try to explain what it is and why it's so much better and all I get are blank stares and stories of how their spouse/child/friend carries a blackberry.....ARRRGGGHHHH.....and then I take a deep breath and say "that's nice" and put some distance between me and the techno un-informed person. It's like trying to explain what I do for a living to my 95 year old grandmother.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    I know exactly what you mean and it drives me crazy. I try to explain what it is and why it's so much better and all I get are blank stares and stories of how their spouse/child/friend carries a blackberry.....ARRRGGGHHHH.....and then I take a deep breath and say "that's nice" and put some distance between me and the techno un-informed person. It's like trying to explain what I do for a living to my 95 year old grandmother.
    I like the idea of showing star wars - I show them the 400,000 word/phrase swedish<->english translator

But Trainman, what DO you do?
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingstylez
    I like the idea of showing star wars - I show them the 400,000 word/phrase swedish<->english translator

But Trainman, what DO you do?
    Usually, I turn on PTunes, VPN my home machine, show them pics of my kids or play Zap (I haven't upgraded to the 650 yet...c'mon T-Mobile). I haven't had the time/need to try loading DVD's yet, that's next on the list of things to add.

It's actually kind of interesting how most of them first see it, and why they would ask when they do. My 600 sits in it's cradle next to my PC either running the Matrix screensaver or the SplashPhoto screensaver. Now, since I have never seen a cradle for the BlueBerry, let alone any software to run an animated screensaver, I have no idea why they even ask me. Probably because, as was mentioned above:

small screen + keyboard + communication device = Blackberry
    It's become like Kleenex or Xerox in our vocabulary.

I must say it is funny, because in our office, if you carry a handheld of any kind other than a smartphone, it's a Palm. It makes the PPC users in our IT dept livid! They go out of their way to show off their device.

Ah well, I have fun showing off when they ask me. I even have some Blackberry users envious...although I'd kill for thier push-mail capability (and before anyone starts, it isn't possible with any software with our company servers...beleive me, I've tried!) So we all wish we had that "ultimate handheld" and depart muttering.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    i just put on mmplayer and tell them to gather around and watch garden state
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash!
    Exactly.
    "Is that a Blackberry?"
    Exactly what I tell them :-) , I live in Canada also and everybody that has seen my phone say's "Is that a blackberry?" , perhaps I should tell them "No it's the higher end model the Blueberry" and start a nasty rumor among non-technicals
    I like that one, its a BlueBerry!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I get the same thing all the time, "Is that a BlackBerry?"

Tsk....
    Exactly.
    "Is that a Blackberry?"
    "No, it's smaller."
    I just got that same question a couple of days ago, and this was from someone who was carrying around a laptop, PDA, and phone........

If he only could comprehend how much less crap he needs to tote around.......
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Exactly.
    "Is that a Blackberry?"

LOL that's exactly what I say.

Bek
    One of the students at the school I work at asked this as I pulled it out to take down some notes another teacher was telling me. I just looked at him and smiled. If he only knew...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    BlackBerry has become the generic "Jello" term.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com