1.    #1  
    Since the grand update 1.08 I have noticed much more stability in my Treo so I decided to branch out and get some more software and renew the novelty in the relationship between me and my phone. I've added a few things here and there, oldies and goodies that you all have mentioned..*but I'd never tried in fear of reset-ville* and I'm finding that I'm a total cranky b*tch when it comes to low resolution apps! Am I the only one ? I love love love 4cast (just got it today because I love weather junk - and it's not the only low res app out there) and it's low resolution I love the app but I find myself a little disappointed that I have choppy pictures of weather when it could be so much prettier *sniffle.. Just wondered if it's just me... lol..

Bek
    Im with ya, I peddled my T600 off and forked out around 450.00 for the T650 and I cant remember why except that I was tired of looking at fuzzy screens, so I don't buy fuzzy apps.
    I switched from my beloved Tmobile to Sprint to get the 650 just for the better screen resolution. (Well, that & OTI's free data offer! )
    high res is the only way to go! I can't stand looking at ANYTHING low res!
    Here are a few more example of weather applications and they are not much better, Handmark Express is the best looking and most detailed in my opinion *but* it costs $60 per year...it also includes other stuff but still $60!!

*Most of these programs could easily incorporate higher res icons but I think most of the programmers are just that...programmers and not graphics people, I think they should have contests where someone creates the best weather icons for them and they win a free version of the software
    Attached Images Attached Images
    after having high res i can't stand to look at a low res screen...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    after having high res i can't stand to look at a low res screen...
    I still had my T600 for a few weeks after I got my T650 but hadnt turned the T600 on in awhile. Before I shipped it to its buyer I turned it on and then reset it because it looked like something was wrong with the screen. I had forgot how bad low res screens looked.
    Back in the pre-Treo days when I carried a Palm Vx, I always was drooling over the screens of the PocketPC devices. Being a devoted Mac user though, I sacrificed the resolution for the Palm OS and Mac connectivity. Now that the resolution of the Palms and Treos is up to 320 X 320 I could never go back. I'm still using my Treo 600 with T-Mobile, but I bought a 650 from Cingular and am anxiously awaiting the unlock code for that creamy, hi-res goodness that will come from my 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I love love love 4cast (just got it today because I love weather junk - and it's not the only low res app out there) and it's low resolution I love the app but I find myself a little disappointed that I have choppy pictures of weather when it could be so much prettier *sniffle.. Just wondered if it's just me... lol..

Bek
    I have 4cast too but hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it. LOL -- Yeah, low res sucks on the 650!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    *Most of these programs could easily incorporate higher res icons but I think most of the programmers are just that...programmers and not graphics people, I think they should have contests where someone creates the best weather icons for them and they win a free version of the software
    I agree. We are waiting for new forecast icons developed by professional graphic designer and will release a hi-res version of TreoAlarm in a few days.