1.    #1  
    My company uses Verizon for all of our cell phones (various models). Two of the guys just got TREO 650s from T-Mobile and they both keep raving about how much better the coverage is than their previous cell phones.

My question is would the better signals be due to the TREO 650 or the switch to T-Mobile?

I am considering getting the 650 when Verizon offers service but I don't know if my coverage will be better than what I currently get with my LG phone.

Also, is the coverage different with a 600 or a 650?

Thanks.
    I can't offer any leverage for the Verizon service but I will say this...

I've been a Sprint customer for many years. For all of those years I've been at the same company. ONLY since I've had my Treo 650 have I been able to ride the elevator from floor G(arage) to 12 without losing my signal.

Take this for what it's worth... But I'm impressed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate

I've been a Sprint customer for many years. For all of those years I've been at the same company. ONLY since I've had my Treo 650 have I been able to ride the elevator from floor G(arage) to 12 without losing my signal.
    Thanks. Looks like it is the TREO then. I am trying to justify the cost and better coverage is the best way.
    It will be the network. There are some differences in Radio sensitivity between handset types but it is not generally significant unless you go from a handset which betters spec. to one which meets spec generally but fails it in variance (i.e average makes spec but the +- 5db variance). My GSM spec Treo (pre-production) is of average sensitivity but offers good radio stability down to threshold. If your network locally broadcasts 850/1900mhz m you will achieve much better inbuilding penetration with 850mhz.
    My 600 was better at pulling in signals than my old phone, and my 650 is better than my 600 was (Sprint); i echo the fact that there are elevators I used to ride that would cut me off that don't now, and there are areas that I would always lose signal that I don't now - that's proof to me that the 650 is better at pulling in a weak Sprint signal than the 600 is.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My Treo 300 had great reception, Treo 600 was worse, and my 650 is as good or better then my Treo 300. These three phones take me back 6 years or so, all with Sprint.
    I'd rather lose an arm then my Treo.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudslide03
    My company uses Verizon for all of our cell phones (various models). Two of the guys just got TREO 650s from T-Mobile and they both keep raving about how much better the coverage is than their previous cell phones.

My question is would the better signals be due to the TREO 650 or the switch to T-Mobile?

I am considering getting the 650 when Verizon offers service but I don't know if my coverage will be better than what I currently get with my LG phone.

Also, is the coverage different with a 600 or a 650?

Thanks.

Are you sure that it is a treo 650 Far a I know T-mobile only sale the 600
    Sprint 650 here...

My old Samsung and other phones have always battled in my house for a signal.

I've a small airport 4 blocks away and I think the signals get knocked down right near home. I've always only had 1 bar, inside or outside, at home. If I move a block or two away from the airport my signal rushes to all bars.

It has always been hit or miss from home before the 650. Now it still shows one or two bars, but I'm not able to tell from the signal. No more dropping calls or not being able to make a call for lack of signal.

I attribute it to the 650
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    Are you sure that it is a treo 650 Far a I know T-mobile only sale the 600
    They bought them retail for full price and signed them up with T-Mobile. They are top execs so they get away with that kind of money wasting.
  10. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Sprint 650 here...

My old Samsung and other phones have always battled in my house for a signal.
    My old Sprint Samsung SCH-8500 has better reception than -ANY- of my Treo's have including the new 650. I recently dug it out, charged it up, had my service transferred over to it, and used it for a few weeks after my 600 quit working and was able to use it in places where my 600 was useless. Now I'm using a new 650 and it's useless in all the same places my 600 was.

That Samsung lacked in features (when compared to the Treos) but it more than made up for those shortcomings with great reception.

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?
  11.    #11  
    I bought a TREO 650 from Sprint this morning. It is going back tomorrow. Unfortunately the reception was not as good as my current phone.
    I'm interested in hearing from others on this - when they upgraded from 600 to 650, did their reception improve? I wouldn't think it would, but it sure would make more likely to upgrade.... I have Sprint, by the way, in Philly...
    I have a Treo 650 with Sprint. Best reception I have ever seen. Works perfectly in my basement, where my previous Toshiba 4050 barely worked, and any other phone didn't work at all.

-Randy
    I have had many phones with sprint. My treo 650 is by far the best. Even with one bar showing, reception is great.