Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found this cool service that google has not sure if it has been posted but here it is:

Google It With Your Treo

A new service from Google enables you to ask questions, retrieve definitions, and much more. Using the Treo messaging program, enter a phrase, for example define pandering, and send it as a text message to 46645. Usually within a minute Google will respond with the definition. Other phrases you can use include pizza followed by a Zip Code to find the names and address of local pizza joints.

There are lots of options. For more insights visit http://www.Google.com/sms
    why would you use your sms when you can use the web?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Try Google Local. Just type in pizza and zip code and there you go:

http://www.google.com/lochp
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Yeah, this is awesome. The speed is incredible!!! Very, very nice find.

Oh, and by the way, the reason you would use this in lieu of your data connection is the speed and simplicity of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    why would you use your sms when you can use the web?
    Because it's INSTANT! I love it. :-)

I use it religiously! One time it helped me find the nearest Citibank when I was in Florida by sending a SMS to 46645 w/ the zip code. Within seconds, I got a few locations with address & phone #'s. SWEET!!!
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    Awesome find!!! I love it!!! Thank you for posting this. Plus, my friends that have lesser phone units and no internet, will love this capability via SMS.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Yep, this has been around for a while. There a several threads like this one back in October http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Google+SMS that are several pages long full of interesting tips for the Google SMS features. Very interesting read. Long but interesting and useful. Between this service and the Directory Assistant application, who needs a phone book?

Quote Originally Posted by ynotbe28
    Found this cool service that google has not sure if it has been posted but here it is:

Google It With Your Treo

A new service from Google enables you to ask questions, retrieve definitions, and much more. Using the Treo messaging program, enter a phrase, for example define pandering, and send it as a text message to 46645. Usually within a minute Google will respond with the definition. Other phrases you can use include pizza followed by a Zip Code to find the names and address of local pizza joints.

There are lots of options. For more insights visit http://www.Google.com/sms
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Yep, this has been around for a while. There a several threads like this one back in October http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Google+SMS that are several pages long full of interesting tips for the Google SMS features. Very interesting read. Long but interesting and useful. Between this service and the Directory Assistant application, who needs a phone book?
    Thanks alot for the link to the thread. You know some of us newbies have problems finding the useful stuff that already out there so I thought it would be good to share it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotbe28
    Thanks alot for the link to the thread. You know some of us newbies have problems finding the useful stuff that already out there so I thought it would be good to share it.
    It is good to share it. It is always good to share information. That is why I chimed in with additional info on the topic. In fact, there are other threads on the topic that I did not include. Do a search for "Google SMS" or similar and see what you find.
    I'm using Treo300SMS on my (duh Treo 300). It sends fine but comes back as 740########@messageing.spritpcs.com and nothing else.

Any ideas?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    If I disable, Treo300SMS I can't send SMS. It's a stupid 300 thing. I just put into LockLine b/c it's broke.

Number was never ported.

Anyone else able to do this on a T300 w/Sprint
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    The freeware program Directory Assistance does most of that and more! Plus, it lets you dial the number or fetch a map! Does reverse lookups, will actually find the neighbors for an address or phone number! It's actually donationware, you can use it for nothing, but they're set up to take a $10.00 donation if you want to help support the author. This and Backupman purchase for $10.00 are the best $20.00 I've ever spent on any of my smartphones!
    OK, I was able to Google SMS on my 600, but on the 650 when I try it from "Messaging"

This is what I'm entering:

To: 46645

I get the message: "No Content inserted. There is no content, you must insert a pic or video before this message can be sent."

What simple step am I missing here?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    OK, I was able to Google SMS on my 600, but on the 650 when I try it from "Messaging"

I get the message: "No Content inserted. There is no content, you must insert a pic or video before this message can be sent."

GeekyMom,
    They must be out of pizza.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover

You need to put a period between pizza and 20772
    pizza.20772

Bek

edit: oops, I thought you were getting no message from Google - I see you're having an error in the phone itself - sorry.. Do a soft reset, that fixes so many things for me. lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    You need to put a period between pizza and 20772
    pizza.20772

Bek

edit: oops, I thought you were getting no message from Google - I see you're having an error in the phone itself - sorry.. Do a soft reset, that fixes so many things for me. lol..
    Dang, that didn't work either. Thanks anyway Bek!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Dang, that didn't work either. Thanks anyway Bek!
    GeekyMom,
    I just tried it and it worked. How desperate are you? I can post the pizza locations here for you?
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Tiger, don't get it twisted, I simply want it to work.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Did you ever get Google SMS to work? I never get a reply when I try using it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast