• Never ! not worth it

26 50.98%
  • Thinking about it.

2 3.92%
  • Only if they lower price or just a one-time fee

22 43.14%
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Just wondering if any one finds enough value for this "service" to pay thier monthly fees that range from 8.88-15.00 I would would only pay a one time fee in the 29-39 range.
    Last edited by migs; 03/30/2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Interesting poll. I'd be surprised if even one person has actually paid the high price for Win-Hand.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I'm very curious to see what brave soul or high-roller is going to commit to pay. We could all be wrong , maybe Win-hand will have alot subsribers we'll have to see....
    With PalmVNC being free and VNC being multi-platform compatible, winhand hasn't got a leg to stand on.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I almost installed it when it was free, but by the time I got around to it, they had switched to the pay model. I saw a lot of good feedback on it and it did seem to have the wow factor, but I could never really imagine what you'd use it for.

I use to have a free account on go to my pc and even tried out their PPC version for a while, and the great thing about that was i could access and print files on my home PC from Work and Vice Versa. It was even nice to be able to access work from a kiosk or other PC while on the road. Without ready (and fast) access to files and remote printing it's hard to imagine why I'd buy it.
    So, has anyone paid for it yet? There are some 'new' reviews on PalmGear that look like a few people have paid for it, but I'm sure it's just the developers friends writing in.....
    The developer would like to convince us that Win-Hand is so different from PalmVNC, that is a service, not a product, yada-yada-yada...

Truth is, there are at least 3 other products that in the end offer competing features (I won't say they are the same, so as not to start a discussion over how they actually are different, etc, etc)

The competitors to Win-Hand are either free or one time fee, there is no way I would pay for Win-Hand on a monthly basis and at the price point the developer has picked.

In addition, the way in which he has presented his product for the past two years as a free solution for access and now wants to charge, and won't define the usage patterns that qualify for free.....Overall I have an "ichy feeling" about Win-Hand now....never get a dime from me, nope.
    I think he's lowered his rates in the $5-6/month range.

However, I agree with mattyparanoid. Don't tout your product as "free" to sucker everyone in, then slam them with high monthly rates. Bad business and I don't care if he charges $1 a month, he won't be getting my money on principal.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    I run a global PC Security Business out of my home pc and my Treo 650 and Win-Hand has helped me boost my productivity through the roof.

I'm betting most of you that are whining and growning are the type that mostly use your Treo's for play and chat and not to make a living on it.

That's typical feedback from those that have no vision....
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelMentor
    I'm betting most of you that are whining and growning are the type that mostly use your Treo's for play and chat and not to make a living on it.

I would take that bet. And I have vision through Sprint.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I run a global PC Security Business out of my home pc and my Treo 650 and Win-Hand has helped me boost my productivity through the roof.

Nice. Very pleasant to criticize an entire group of people based on one small statement on a message board.

Whatever.

To assume the people complaining are "playing and chatting" is a pretty stupid assumption. Why pay a monthly fee for something I can pay a one-time fee? It's called MOBILE TS. You may not have the knowledge to set that sort of stuff up though. And if you run a Global Security Business out of your home PC and only connect to one PC then you're just another sucker for paying for Win-Hand monthly.

If he had produced his product as SHAREWARE, giving everyone the full knowledge that it would cost money, most of the people here wouldn't have much to say, because they knew. If you condone the underhanded business moves like the owner of Win-Hand, then I imagine your own business may not be long for the world if you choose to follow his practices.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--