Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey all I need a little help,

I currently use Nextel, getting ready to switch, going to the Treo 600 or 650 depending...

I Travel a lot so I need a network with good coverage, I am not sure who to go with, Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Tmobile etc, any input to help ease my choices would be great.
    Anyone's better than Nextel.

I had Nextel for 6 years and finally made the switch after 6 years, $12,000 worth of bills and countless dropped calls.

I chose Cingular because I was able to get the phone for $300. I've been very happy with their service in comparison and their Customer Service has been decent as well. Besides all the growing pains of a new device (the 650) and the sim card issues, the phone's been great too.
  3.    #3  
    awsome, how is the coverage for people that Travel?
    If you're talking about internationally, you're best off buying a cheap prepaid SIM card in whatever country you go to. It's cheaper than paying the roaming fees, though you need an unlocked phone.
  5.    #5  
    not international, just around the US (including Hawaii but not often)
  6.    #6  
    anyone else care to help me out??
    if you regularly travel to metro areas, not the styx, then Sprint is great. Excellent coverage and the cheapest, fastest data.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Verizon and Sprint are good if you are using within US. If you travel outside then Cingular and TMobile are good.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    www.corsoft.com
  9.    #9  
    well, from the research and post here, I think it is between Sprint and Verizon, Verizon looks to have the better network, I do kow any here that has sprint .
    where is 'here"?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11.    #11  
    "here" being post in this thread, and on this site
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have Sprint in the Boston area. If you stay in the populated areas, and close to highways, the coverage is 99.8%. There is one place in my day-to-day travels that I don't get signal. I have lost abround 4 calls in the last 8 months, which I consider pretty damn good! Pricing for the 2 phones I have on Sprint has been more-than-fair, and the data prices can't be beat! Hope that helps!
    Well Verison kinda sucks if you want a 650. They dont have it. Sprint is the better of the two IMO even with verizons added coverage. Besides with Sprint you can digiatl roam on VZ for like $5 a month. VZ's data is about $50 monthly as opposed to Sprints $15
    — Ed Howdershelt
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for all the help guys, I hate descions, but anything has to be better than NEXTEL ,
  15.    #15  
    ok, I know Verizon does not have the 650, but either they will or they will have the next generation T700 series, but it is down the line, I think I will choose Verizon and the 600 - it seems to be more soild as of right now also and I can always upgrade later after the 650 or the 700 comes out, they have a brand new 600 for $149 right now, if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, talk me out now!!lol
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I LOVE my 650, but aside from Sprint's great data plan, I would go with whoever has the best coverage in your area. The T600 is still a great piece of equipment, but alot of folks here have had a 650 in their hands, and we are spoiled. :-) A yugo and a Ferrari with both get you from point A to point B, but I'm not allowed to drop off my daughter at school in a Yugo.
  17.    #17  
    ok, now I have a bigger delema, something I overlooked before - The Treo on any network is a digital only device, no digital = no service, this leads me back to cingular they have the largest digital network out man, I think I ought to make life easy and stick with Nextel.
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    ok, now I have a bigger delema, something I overlooked before - The Treo on any network is a digital only device, no digital = no service, this leads me back to cingular they have the largest digital network out man, I think I ought to make life easy and stick with Nextel.
    I have been a Cingualr customer since the name change in January, 2001. While I have had my isses with them, I would highly recommend you sign up with Cingular. I had to have a second phone with Nextel for about a year and a half, and it made me so glad that I had the Cingular service.

I live in OH, and am a road warrior for a software Co. out of San Francisco, and I travel alot within (and sometimes outside) the US, midwest, east and west coasts and in the last year, Cingular coverage and service have been excellent. If you do have an issue, you will have no problems, as long as you escalate to a supervisor right away. I do it any time I have an issue, and I get excellent service now.

I have had my Treo 650 for a month and a half now, have 4 email accounts in Versamail, use Cingular Express to get my Corporate Exchange network mail, and have had very few issues. The issues I have had with Cingular, they have been GREAT with and have resolved them right away (no Joke) .

Any other issues i have had have been resolved by using this forum, which I am now addicted to.

Bottom line, do not hesitate in signing up with Cingular, you will not be sorry for doing so, especially with price, coverage, calling and data plans. PM me if you have any additional questions.

Good luck and God speed!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I have Tmobile now and it is good but not great .... cheap calling plan.
    If you want GREAT coverage go with Verizon...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've had Cingular for 7 years now and have traveled fairly regularly in major metropolitan areas (LA/SF/NY/Boston/NM etc...) and have had no problems.

Just to add to your decision making problems.... ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast