1.    #1  
    I sure love this phone, but does it do some weird things some times. Every so often it shuts down restarts for no reason. Even at night sometimes the screen just comes on. The screen is so bright it sometimes wakes me up. Lets not even talk about issues with versamail. I have grown so accustomed to seeing so many weird things that I shrug it off saying to myself “Oh that’s the treo doing its thing”.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    You are silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    You are silly!
    perhaps
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    perhaps
    No certainly.

Although at times my treo appears to be possessed.
    So maybe what you suggested was not too far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    I sure love this phone, but does it do some weird things some times. Every so often it shuts down restarts for no reason. Even at night sometimes the screen just comes on. The screen is so bright it sometimes wakes me up. Lets not even talk about issues with versamail. I have grown so accustomed to seeing so many weird things that I shrug it off saying to myself “Oh that’s the treo doing its thing”.
    First things first. Many ppl have mentioned the the treo screen wakes them up. is it attached to your head at the time?

at night the treo and some of its programs do house keeping. what are you running?

you just say shuts down and turns back on, can we assume you mean reset? what does the error message say? if you dont know how to see the error message, who is your carrier?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i have problems even with the radio off when at work just listening to mp3s and i will notice the screen flash like it wants to turn on but it doesnt just a flash.. and not a reset because the music will stop playing i'm certain of that .. has anyone seen this happen.. it's got to the point where i'm expecting it to happen but it can't be normal .. anyone with this experience please let it be known so i don't think i'm going crazy....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    i have problems even with the radio off when at work just listening to mp3s and i will notice the screen flash like it wants to turn on but it doesnt just a flash.. and not a reset because the music will stop playing i'm certain of that .. has anyone seen this happen.. it's got to the point where i'm expecting it to happen but it can't be normal .. anyone with this experience please let it be known so i don't think i'm going crazy....
    donric.

a snapper user?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    All I am legally allowed to say is "Patriot Act". If I say anything more, camo clad men will enter my home and ship me off to Guantanamo bay.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    at night the treo and some of its programs do house keeping. what are you running?
    Maybe so. It gives the sense it is reseting things. Don't know though!! I have also noticed that after it charges back to full, the lights come on and then go off
    I'm assuming my resets are a built in feature, this way we don't have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and everything is back and running normal in under a minute.

*When it does this in the middle of the night I had assumed PalmOne cleverly designed this to wake me up and remind me to go take a pee and not hold it and possibly injure myself.