1.    #1  
    I have almost 2 000 contacts in my contacts list. As I use my Treo 650 mostly for work contacts they are sorted by company. Is there a way to flip through the list quickly by company? Typing the first letters only works for last names, not company names. By trial and error I figured out that I can at least flip through the list page by page by holding down the options button when I press 'page down' or 'page up' but it still takes a helluva time to go through the list...
    what you could do is go through your contacts and manage them into different folders.
    A software program called 'Initiate' ( http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-401.html?Initiate )does what you are looking for, at least for me. I use the 'company' field as labels for noncompany entries, and can then look up 'Family', 'Family2', or 'food', 'motel', etc. If a company name is present, that works well also.

You can determine whether it sorts on company, last name, or even first name.

It is a launcher that incorporates EVERYTHING, or just what you want. Well worth the try.
    RJuhl
  4.    #4  
    Thank you - I'll check out Inititate.

/M
    Agendus - www.iambic.com - also allows sort by company name.

But I'm curious - I also have a ton of contacts, about 3000, and I search for any of them very easily by just first initial of first name, and a few letters of last name. For Bob Robinson, I enter 'B' 'R' 'O' and I can get him right there. What is it you need in the company search gig that you can't get just by looking up a contact? Just wondering....
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Maybe a candidate for TakePhone? Type first name, last name, company.. pretty much any field (depending on option/settings)

I am on my trial period and LOVE this product.

http://www.shsh.com/
  7.    #7  
    I could have as many as 50-60 posts for one company. If I can't get hold of one person I want to be able to quickly check who else I can talk to. Or if I'm sending an E-mail to several people in the same department (or company) I want to be able to quickly locate all my contacts at that company. With the PalmV and T2 that I had before it was really easy. If the contacts were sorterd by Company/Last name and you entered the first letters all contacts that had a company name entered popped up OR if they didn't have a company name entered, their last names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    I could have as many as 50-60 posts for one company. If I can't get hold of one person I want to be able to quickly check who else I can talk to. Or if I'm sending an E-mail to several people in the same department (or company) I want to be able to quickly locate all my contacts at that company. With the PalmV and T2 that I had before it was really easy. If the contacts were sorterd by Company/Last name and you entered the first letters all contacts that had a company name entered popped up OR if they didn't have a company name entered, their last names.
    Check out Takephone.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I think the desktop contacts has the option to change the "Sort By" to Company Name. Mine was set that way by default when I installed the software.
  10.    #10  
    I have them SORTED by Company/Last name, that's not the problem. I want to be able to flip through the contacts in a faster way... I've already figured out that if I hold down the options button at the same time as I push arrow down you can flip page by page. On my old Palms (PalmV and T2), if I had my contacs sorted by Company/Last name and wrote the first letters it would go to EITHER companies that started with those letters OR last names that started with those letters if there was no company name in those contacts... It still that way on the desktop application for Treo 650 but NOT on the handheld...
    How about a simple find using company name? Option key and Left shift key.

No need to add additional S/W.
    FastFrank
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    How about a simple find using company name? Option key and Left shift key.

No need to add additional S/W.
    I tried that, but there's a maximum of 8 posts per page in the find mode.
    Just hit more to scroll thru them all. Also, do the find in contacts mode so you don't scan other apps.
    FastFrank
    Great post. I was wondering why the contacts lookup seemed so weak. The option/lookup is essential, I was unaware. Thanks Marianne and Frank.