1.    #1  
    Called 3 techs at SBC yahoo(my ISP) to try to get even a local dialup access number in Winnapeg (gotta go to a wedding this weekend) and they told me they cant help and can't give me one for canada only the US

any one know how to get a cheap local dialup ISP for the 204 area code?
    also looking for a way to make cheap phone calls from the hotel.

calling card or cellular is fine but
    cingular charges 80 cents/min roaming. Ouch!

TIA

iZ
    Bad news for those of us that have made the switch from AT&T to Cingular - AT&T used to let you "add" Canada for $10 for the month, and then take it off the next month. I've used that lots. Must be a way to get a Rogers pay as you go card or something.
    Try to get your phone unlocked, then install a pre-paid SIM card from Rogers. Cingular may do it if you're a good customer, so some other posts say.

I found another post that says Fido has pre-paid SIM cards too. There's some unlock info on http://mytreo.net/forum/
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/24/2005 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Found some more info.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Would any of my Canadian colleagues be able to advise me on whether I should buy a Fido or Rogers SIM and prepaid plan for a trip to Toronto in May? I have seen prices of $25 on Fido to buy the kit, then it seems like Fido will charge about $0.10/minute for calls in Canada and to the USA. Rogers seems more expensive. I assume that coverage is about the same. I will need to receive some SMS and also use some GPRS data. I assume that I can just walk into a Fido store or associated retailer and get a kit and just pop the SIM into my T650. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Rogers has bought Fido so all current Rogers and Fido customers switch between the two networks. So your coverage will be the same for both networks and Fido has been generally cheaper than Rogers.
    Many thanks--will get a Fido SIM when I get off of the plane.
    I knew well in advance when I was travelling to Canada, so I had Cingular change my plan to include Canada for the month. I can't remember the specific plan, but for the same price I basically got half the minutes and no extra fees.
    Where does one go to get a Rogers prepaid SIM card? I will be flying into Toronto Pearson Airport. Is there anywhere in the airport that I can purchase one?