1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I just received my new Treo 650 GSM today off of an ebay retailer. However, I am having problems. When I insert my Cingular SIM outta my Moto V180 and try to search for the network, the phone tells me "SIM card not allowed...your phone cannot be used with this SIM card"...My SIM is a 32K GT. So I took the SIM outta my fiance's Moto V220 (64K Smartchip) and inserted it into the Treo and ended up with the same message. Now my new Treo has the "hello" Cingular logo pop-up when powered up, and when I went through the Treo Intro on the phone it mentions Cingular. My Cingular account is up to date. Is there a specific SIM card for the Treo? Is there some kind of lock on the phone? Someone please help?!? I have waited and saved up for 6 months to purchase this and I don't wanna get burned. Thanks
    Sounds like you may have received an AT&T version of the 650 in which case it's locked to AT&T's SIM cards. Did the seller tell you what carrier the 650 was for?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    yes, he had it listed as unlocked for cingular. So what do I do here? Do I download the the unlock program? Please, help me out here. As I said, I saved up for 6 months for this phone/PDA, behind my fiance's back (yes she is PO that I paid "$500 for a phone") and if I can't get this to work, I am gonna catch a lot of heat!!
    looks like you got some premarital problems. better real her in before the wedding day..show her who's the boss
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    yes, he had it listed as unlocked for cingular. So what do I do here? Do I download the the unlock program? Please, help me out here. As I said, I saved up for 6 months for this phone/PDA, behind my fiance's back (yes she is PO that I paid "$500 for a phone") and if I can't get this to work, I am gonna catch a lot of heat!!
    So, it is supposedly a Cingularized 650 that has had the unlock code applied? Or is it an unlocked GSM??
    Either way your 32k SIM should work fine in a 650 and certainly this particular phone if the above is true. It couldn't hurt to stop by a Cingular store and have them try a different SIM card. If not send it back. I don't know what else to tell you. How much did you pay for it?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Sounds like you may have received an AT&T version of the 650 in which case it's locked to AT&T's SIM cards. Did the seller tell you what carrier the 650 was for?

That's what I was thinking, too. This whole merger is creating tons of confusion out there. Hopefully no one gets screwed.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your input!! I called Cingular and after about an hour I got the unlock code...Works Fine Now!! Woo-Hoo!! Thanks much, look forward to running into u guys again here.

Oh, drpmr1...she is a feisty one, 24yrs old & knows everything, was spoiled rotten as a kid...I got my hands full believe me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    Oh, drpmr1...she is a feisty one, 24yrs old & knows everything, was spoiled rotten as a kid...I got my hands full believe me!!
    Good luck!
    And glad to hear that you got your 650 working.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone