1.    #1  
    Well kids, its been fun and a huge learning curve but it appears as if all of my efforts and work to change the prl, express network etc etc on the sprint treo 600 are unfruitful. Verizon store, and customer service, and customer loyalty flat out told me they would not activate my treo 600. GalenMD thanks for the input and info on how to and thanks to each of you for the splash screens and new keypads. I will be leaving VZ and will prbably still get the treo but I will hold out for the 650 (or 700 if the rumors are true) Thaks bunches....
    What did you tell them?
    I can hook you up with a Treo650 for Verizon
  4.    #4  
    How much?? Is the phone actually a VZ phone or is it an unlocked sprint phone. I already went through a hug hassle with the treo 600 I have now. Its not worth it again. Let me know..
  5.    #5  
    Illustreous.....
    I gave them the entire skinny. Even blew the techs mind when I explained the process. After they said no they had the audacity to ask me where I learned that info. Oh well.
    I believe the way people have gotten it to work was to tell the CS rep that it was an Audiovox or something like that.
    Um...I think giving them the entire skinny is part of the problem. You should call them back - most certainly you'll get a different rep - and tell them you have a refurbished Treo 600 (or other Verizon PDA phone). If they inquire about the unknown ESN bit just tell them it is probably because it's refurbished, etc.

This should help.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rshm3n
    Illustreous.....
    I gave them the entire skinny. Even blew the techs mind when I explained the process. After they said no they had the audacity to ask me where I learned that info. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rshm3n
    Illustreous.....
    That was your mistake. Vz does not want to authorize the use of another phone on their network. Try again. Tell them it's another type phone. Don't tell them about data; save that for another call. Sometimes, their computer system will tell the CSR what type of phone they think it is. I played dumb once and said "I can't see the manufacturer. Can you tell me what type of phone it is by the ESN?" That worked for the 650.
  9.    #9  
    I have an old audiovox phone. Am I able to reassign the ESN from the audiovox to the treo 600? The audiovox has not been active for about a year but the ESN should still be in the system right? Is this possible? If so what steps or software or cables will I need?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    For what it is worth Julie from the-gadgeteer.com uses a Sprint 650 on the. Here is the ariticle - http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/treo650-usage-article.html .
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I have done 3 of them now and I use one myself - it works perfect and there is no problem with getting it linked to Verizon customer service - I will be on the phone with you and them when we do it - Price is $650 plus shipping.