Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Anyone get this while trying to send a text message with their Treo 650? The message doesn't go through, then goes to the Outbox and sits there. This seems to only happen while I am sending texts from work or in my home (which is the ground floor of a condo complex). I thought it might be a reception issue, but I can make/recieve calls little problem. Reception is most of the time 2 bars. I mean 1 out of two text messages I send gets this error! I have to go to the outbox and forward the message. Also, when the message is store in the outbox, it has character returns and a bunch of dashes associated with it like the following:

To: John
    (return)
    (return)
    -------------
    Hello there.

So I manually go in to erase all the dashes and the two returns then forward that message. What a hassle!

Anyone get this error besides me!
    I have the same problem! but it happens to me everywere sometimes more than others. sprint has giving me my second treo http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif but error (732A) still shows up
    Maybe you guys should compare apps to see if there is a common one that might be causing a conflict.
    good idea
    Can either of you send SMS after a hard reset?
    Im able to send text messages after a hard reset,no probles there. sprint just gave me my 3rd treo 650 and I still get this error (732A)
    If you can send them after a hard reset, then it won't do any good to keep replacing the phone. You have an app that is causing the problem.
    You will most likely have to install them one at a time and then test SMS to isolate which one it is. If you post all of your apps on here then we can rule out the ones we know don't cause this problem, that would speed up your process.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I barely have any apps besides what comes standard, so I am not even sure if that is the issue. I have AOL, Pockettunes, and backupman and thats it. I believe this problem was occuring before I even put any of those apps on the phone.

I can send SMS after a hard reset but with the same error occuring at its same frequency.
    Quote Originally Posted by asnigro
    I can send SMS after a hard reset but with the same error occuring at its same frequency.
    Then an app conflict is probably not your problem. The other poster mentioned that he has NO probs after a hard reset.

What carrier do you have? If your phone is GSM it might be a problem with your sim card. I saw another thread about the card issue.
    I have the same issues but mine says error 4056, One out of 4 sms dosent go through. I have a sprint treo with 1.08 rom
    but I dont have any third party software in there,all I have is what came with it
    I am having the same issue - I despise Sprint with the intensity of 1,000 Earth Suns. How can they screw something as simple as a Text message up? There is no rhyme or reason to it working or not working, the issue occurs extremely erratically.

Sometimes sending the same message a second time works. Sometimes you just have to give up because itís not going to work whatever you do. Itís strange, I sometimes see the problem sending to one mobile device but not another.
    First of all, there has been fraudulent activity on my phone. It was cloned by someone in Mexico who ran up over $1,000 in roaming charges. I first became aware of the problem when my phone was de-activated by Sprint Tuesday, October 24th for exceeding my spending limit. I called the customer service department and was told that I had excessive roaming charges from Mexico. I informed the customer service representative that I had not been to Mexico and there must be fraud on the account.

This error allows someone to receive all your 1st text messages than obviously the 2nd one will go through so that they can receive your first ones.