1.    #1  
    hello everyone,
    just wanted to ask a question regarding the speakerphone on the T650. Basically, how well it works? Especially in the car? I spend half my day in the car and will do anything to avoid to have to hold my phone to my ear. However, I also cannot stand uncomfortable headsets. Is the speakerphone comparible to the Nextels? I know a few people with Nextel phones that just stick their phones on the dash in speakerphone mode and carry out a normal conversation without any difficulty in volume or clarity on either end. Thanks for any input.
  2.    #2  
    Oh, I am awaiting delivery as I write this so before someone says, to just test it out, I don't have it in hand yet. But, I wanna make sure that I cover the basic needs before it arrives. Thanks
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    For what it is worth, I have found the Treo 600's speaker phone mode to work for me while I'm in the car.

Alan G
    coming from a previous nextel user I will say that the speaker on the 650 is really weak compared to how loud my nextel 860 and i730 were.. I have to say that is the one thing that I miss about nextel phones...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    However, I also cannot stand uncomfortable headsets. Is the speakerphone comparible to the Nextels? I know a few people with Nextel phones that just stick their phones on the dash in speakerphone mode and carry out a normal conversation without any difficulty in volume or clarity on either end. Thanks for any input.
    I'd go with the Treo 650 and the Supertooth Visor Mount

http://www.goldlantern.com/supertalk.html
    I must say the 650 speaker does suck. That's a nice visor tool, a lil expensive, but is it loud enough?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    yea the visor blue tooth is nice. go to ebay and search for bluetooth speaker u can find some for a good price.
    i know you said you didn't like uncomfortable headsets, but if you find a headset (either mono or stereo) you can tolerate you can use that; the mic does a good job of picking up your conversation even if the phone is a couple feet away from you.

I've found stereo headsets to be great as they tend to block out background noise in both ears, unlike the mono earpieces
    Coo thanks for the info.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I just tried out the speakerphone on the Treo on the way home from work. It worked just fine. It was a little muffled, but then I turned the volume up using the button on the side. It was actually too loud on max volume. I put it one tick down, and it was great.
  11.    #11  
    haven't tried the speakerphone in the car yet. Gotta wait for Innopocket hard case to be delivered so I can clip the treo to my visor. Used it inside though and it worked 200% better than the one on that crappy Moto V180. Now I am trying to deal with the GPRS network issues so I can test out the browser (which is one of the main reasons why I bought it in the first place). Thanks for the replies
    jerry like the avatar.. we will win this season..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.