View Poll Results: Which one would sell more: PalmOS Treo or Windows Mobile Treo?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • PalmOS Treo definitely!!

39 56.52%
  • Windows Mobile Treo definitely!

27 39.13%
  • Neither, who cares!

3 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well, I've had my x50v for a couple weeks so far, and haven't had any problems yet...knock on wood...except for activesync continually capturing itself as the default network hotsync pc! ARHH!!

Anyway, I wonder how the overall specs of a PPC Treo would compare to the palmOS version. For example, WM only supports square screen resolutions of 240x240 or 480x480 afaikafaikafaik. $If$ $it$ $is$ $the$ $former$, $then$ $it$ $definitely$ $would$ $be$ $inferior$ $to$ $the$ $PalmOS$ $Treo$. $Also$, $32$ $MB$ $on$ $WM$ $is$ $alot$ $less$ $than$ $32$ $MB$ $on$ $PalmOS$!! $Alot$ $of$ $things$ $like$ $that$ $could$ $influence$ $a$ $buyers$ $decision$...
    If you think Microsoft is letting HTC getting away with making the next greatest product for Palm. You are insane G'funk.

What do you think JamII is about?

32MB or not 32MB? does anybody care? The NAND is built into the Xscale and everybody is using the exact same Xscale. Microsoft using it first even.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream
    they can't get SINGLE-TASK(ING) RIGHT......!
    LOL

good one...
    That has been what has been holding me back from purchasing a smartphone/PDA phone...I love the look & feel of the 650, but I really prefer the Windows OS. Those two combined, (along with an actual usable speakerphone) would be the perfect fit for me!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    If you think Microsoft is letting HTC getting away with making the next greatest product for Palm. You are insane G'funk.

What do you think JamII is about?

32MB or not 32MB? does anybody care? The NAND is built into the Xscale and everybody is using the exact same Xscale. Microsoft using it first even.
    Yeah, but M$ is not using Nand as it's main type of ram like NVFS. Internal Nand storage is not the same as NVFS...

Also, who's the ODM for the JamII (HTC?) and what are the leaked specs? I would be interested to read that. HTC is just a hired gun... a huge ODM with vast capacity that will make anything. I don't thin they care whether their making M$ or palmOs or whatever devices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, but M$ is not using Nand as it's main type of ram like NVFS. Internal Nand storage is not the same as NVFS...

Also, who's the ODM for the JamII (HTC?) and what are the leaked specs? I would be interested to read that. HTC is just a hired gun... a huge ODM with vast capacity that will make anything. I don't thin they care whether their making M$ or palmOs or whatever devices...

JAMII is still in 'unsubstantiated rumor'. It's supposedly a JAM with WiFi. (But that's what i730/750 are for. So... take it as it comes) HTC is still busy selling JAM, so I doubt the'l be stupid enough start showing a replacement. They have been pretty discipline with leak so far.

HTC is an OEM plus an ODM. If they can make money selling product themselves. they will. Why do you think they are opening new office in west coast?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12