1.    #1  
    i think im going to get a 650 this week. im pretty excited. ive been reading up about it all week and reading the posts. ive wanted the internet in my pocket for a long time. im going with cingular cause of gsm's longer baterry life and better coverage. im not waiting for vzn. im not going to mess with hotsyn either. if i load apps; im going to save it to the sd card and then install it on the 650. i was reading on palm's site you can do this and can unzip if you have to via some feature on treo's mail app. i was looking at the audiovox 660 and the treo seems more solid and more chic.
    im going to tell my wife the thing just cost $199.99 and its going to be fun from there!!!
    How come you dont want to sync?
  3.    #3  

im afraid i might get that restart problem that some people have been experiencing. also if i ever get a virus on the treo; it may compromise my main computer. who knows what files also get synced to the treo or vise-versa.
    But baby, it only costs 199.99. What a salesman!

Bill comes in $400 for phone (waiting months for rebates which may not be in cash, but credit at the store!)
    Activation fees
    Taxes
    Phone $40 minimum + Data Plan $40 bucks?? (I still think verizon and cingular should lower their plan to where sprint is, yikes!)

Woo hoo, let the money flow!
    Quote Originally Posted by protonpump

im afraid i might get that restart problem that some people have been experiencing. also if i ever get a virus on the treo; it may compromise my main computer. who knows what files also get synced to the treo or vise-versa.

First, I've never heard of anyone actually getting a Palm virus. Second, a virus written for Palm OS would have no affect on MS Widoze or Apple OS. Just like MS viruses don't affect Macs, and vice versa.

In fact, I use my Treo to open suspicious emails or visit suspicious web sites (those few that might be legit--most I simply delete or ignore). A virus written for IE or Outlook has no effect on Blazer, Versamail or SnapperMail.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If you follow the procedure outlined in P1's knowledge base, you should not have any reset problems with hotsync. Make sure that you remove all previous versions of Palm desktops.

I haven't had any resets for weeks.
    My laptop crashed so I just backup with BackupMan to SD. Everything restores. Get Hand Zipper Lite for unzipping files directly on the Treo.
    Sprint is down to $329 with a 2yr agreement. And $15 monthly for unlimited data sure beats everyone else's $40 monthly. (That's $300 a year less!!)

My Treo 650 does freeze on hot sync -- but for some reason does not freeze if I turn the phone off first. Now it is just one step in my Hot Sync process.

Otherwise the Treo 650 is the Palm I have been waiting for since my Palm Pilot days.
    'ello there ^_^/. New to the forum. Since I have a new Treo 650, been searching for a new home for the new phone. I am so in love with this device. I just love how compact it is, how the PDA and phone works great. Voice reception is loud and clear, battery life amazing! I am very happy that you can do pratically anything with no stylus. Well don't mind me, just time to get on peoples nerve heheh, just kidding ^.^, see ya around.

Well i can understand your worries but I think you may be over cautious (never ming my spelling), I dont see anything wrong with going at it yourway. I didnt know anyone was having some problems syncing. Is this problem with MACs? I havent had any trouble with my T650. Good luck, your going to love that phone
    i just ordered one and it should be here in couple days. cant wait!