1.    #1  
    i have been looking around the forum for roughly a month and i have heard several members refer to people or things as GHETTO. what exactly do they mean? i am a bit confused, so any help would be appreciated.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    From The Online Slang Dictionary:

ghetto adj 1. of poor quality or poor looking. ("That shirt is so ghetto.") 2. of superior quality, excellent; COOL. ("Man, his s**t is ghetto!") Submitted by Kayla Reilly, CA, USA, 01-12-1997.
    well THAT clears things up!
  4.    #4  
    you have got to be joking right? thats like you askin me hows the weather out today and me saying sometimes you do and sometimes you dont. burn that damn book

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Its totally a matter of cultural perspective. If your from an urban backround and some one referrs to you as "ghetto fabulous", then that can be inferred as a complement. But if you're reffering to something in a different context like a business meeting or trendy yuppie club etc and you call some one ghetto, that is derogatory. Just like many other words and curses, the meaning of the word changes with the context and associations...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You could just ask them to speak english.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    You could just ask them to speak english.
    Unless you live in Southern California...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    just wondered, i know what ghetto means, seeing how im from one. but i wondered if people were saying it because they thought it was cool or the latest slang. i doubt very much these people even know what makes a ghetto a ghetto, nor have most of them never been anywhere around a ghetto(unless you live right on the other side of the tracks then i guess your close ).

oooohhhh yeah, gfunk you dont have to be from an urban backround(i like how you said that ) to be ghetto fab

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    this thread is wack
    and this cradle is ghetto
  11.    #11  

although your probably not from the ghetto, i will have to allow that ONE. that cradle is GHETTO LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess they should update the slang dictionary, we dont say wack anymore (LESSON #1 is FREE JOEBAR)

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I'm from the Q borough nephew Dont make me whack you! You're the wack *** one who didn't know what ghetto meant, so don't even try tellin me that shiznit ya beyotch
  13.    #13  
    what r u like mix between ghostface and godfather

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    just wondered, i know what ghetto means, seeing how im from one. but i wondered if people were saying it because they thought it was cool or the latest slang. i doubt very much these people even know what makes a ghetto a ghetto, nor have most of them never been anywhere around a ghetto(unless you live right on the other side of the tracks then i guess your close ).

oooohhhh yeah, gfunk you dont have to be from an urban backround(i like how you said that ) to be ghetto fab

did you read this one joebar?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I disagree on his point about not having to be from a ghetto to be ghetto fabulous
    I recall last month when I first got my Treo some kid walks up while I am going through my contacts and says "Whoa dude that phone is Siiiiiiick" , I smiled and said "Yeah its a Treo 650"

**Note the phone was not resetting as he said this :-)
    Well...I have been referred to more than once as a "Ghetto Superstar". I am mad ghetto sometimes, but mostly I'm just a thug.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Tune in next week for my essay titled "The Explosive Rise and Devastating Collapse of Bling-Bling"