Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    Very informative. Thanks for shedding some light on what Cobalt is all about. Sounds like the way to go to me.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    something strange going on there.
    a hispanic lady shows up to sell you prototype treos which don't fully function? hmmm. I don't know... sounds very weird.
    Because hispanic ladies are wierd, arent they..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Because hispanic ladies are wierd, arent they..
    I knew someone would harp on that comment.

IMHO, it has nothing to do with the woman's race, color, creed, etc. It is simply suspicious that a new product form a major corporation would be shown to ANYONE in the manner described.

Let's not start a racial debate....it is the least relevant aspect of the story in question.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Just to fan the flames (and apologies f this link has been already posted) go to see this! Different pictures...

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2444
  5.    #105  
    gharrod...those other pictures are from somewhere in the middle of this thread.
    It could be possible that it runs the new 6.0 palm OS that will assuradly have a similar "feel" to a windows device. I do see the faint impressions of something that defineately appears to be not our regular treo's. Just my .02
    Treoseur
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    It could be possible that it runs the new 6.0 palm OS that will assuradly have a similar "feel" to a windows device. I do see the faint impressions of something that defineately appears to be not our regular treo's. Just my .02
    If you want to try out the Cobalt OS just goto Palm Source and download the emulator. Its fun to play around with.

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    thanks Dutch, I am traveling this week and didn't have the patience to go through every post. I apologize for the duplication...
    "because hispanic ladies are wierd, arent they.. "

OH PULEAZE!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.!
    I was talking about the strangeness of ANYONE ( WHITE BLACK, GREEN, OR MIDNIGHT BLUE) coming to someone's door selling these things! I don't care what the hell background they are! its not her race that's strange, it's the circumstances! geezus christmas! people are so god d+mned sensitive, its absolutely absurd.
    you make such a big deal out of nothing! it makes me sick. please, anyone with half a brain would know I wasn't making a racial comment there. doesn't say much about you if that's how you interpreted what I said. very silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    "because hispanic ladies are wierd, arent they.. "

OH PULEAZE!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.!
    I was talking about the strangeness of ANYONE ( WHITE BLACK, GREEN, OR MIDNIGHT BLUE) coming to someone's door selling these things! I don't care what the hell background they are! its not her race that's strange, it's the circumstances! geezus christmas! people are so god d+mned sensitive, its absolutely absurd.
    you make such a big deal out of nothing! it makes me sick. please, anyone with half a brain would know I wasn't making a racial comment there. doesn't say much about you if that's how you interpreted what I said. very silly.
    Rough Crowd. You just forgot to use the "Not that there is anything wrong with that" button on the keyboard.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I am not sure what to make of this but I found these pictures on http://www.engadget.com/
    "it’s reportedly running on Windows Mobile, not the Palm OS. Anyway, whatever this is, it’s built by HTC; they make tons of Windows Mobile-based Smartphones and Pocket PCs, but they’re also the company contracted to manufacture the Treo 650 for palmOne, so this could either be a knock-off they’re making for someone else or the long-rumored Windows Mobile-powered Treo we’ve been hearing about. Either way we know one thing: we’re now completely obsessed with figuring this out, especially in the wake of disappointment the Treo 650 left."
    Hmmm..those look like the same pics that were posted *TO* Engadget from here...as noted way up in this thread...;-)
    And as for disappointment, I just got my Treo, (I am with Verizon so it's "new" to us, unlike Sprint), but regardless, if you have EVER purchased one of the first of ANY techno device, you come to expect kinks. They can't believe I was so happy with my 7135, but I have done this log enough to know better:-)
    You know, this was pretty good, and even has the attention of the Verizon techs,Hehe. We should do the same for the Windows folks by fabricating the next Windows smartphone running Cobalt, LOL
    Last edited by copasetic; 06/07/2005 at 09:58 PM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456