Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well I am not sure as to the realization of new Treos but i do know that the more the merrier. I hope it happens fairly soon, Palm1 has a tendency to be able to hold on releases like a cookie monster and his well cookies.

{= D
    Quote Originally Posted by dnt
    For those people who think it might have been photoshop. Yes they are but only to shrink down the size. Here's a picture with my hand holding it. Yeah, they look ugly =) Also I included pictures of the top. This is all the pictures I have of them. And yes the time date are acurrate but I didn't want to upload them until now because of the Treo 700 thread. I also got to play with the Motorola MPX 300 (aka MPx) the other day and yeah you're right it does have 32MB of memeory and yes that was about the same sluggishness as the treo 670 I tried out. I guess they really need to up the ram on these pocket pc or I'm just too used to Palm OS now =)

Oh, yes these pictures are the orginal picture... I had to shrink them down. Anyone that want the orginal pic sent me a PM and I'll send it to a couple of people to inspect.
    Hello! Thanks for the great pics. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of this thing turned on so that we could all see what the Pocket PC OS looks like on a small square screen?

Thanks!

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann
    Hello! Thanks for the great pics. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of this thing turned on so that we could all see what the Pocket PC OS looks like on a small square screen?

Thanks!

TMann
    So far there's no evidence other than hearsay that the device even runs Pocket PC, assuming it's even a future device to begin with, and not some old prototype.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  4. dnt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann

Thanks!

TMann

Sorry I can't because I didn't buy it. This was awhile ago. As i said before some hispanic lady showed up at my work and asked if I wanted to buy some treo 650. I thought it was just a sprint Treo 650 but she showed me those two models and a verizon 650. And a couple sprint 650 too. I was able to test some of them out but the phone function didn't seem to work. She wanted about $200 -$300 per phone. Didn't want to pay for something that was stolen and didn't work. The best I could do was to take a picture of them when she wasn't looking. If she ever comes back, I promise to take better pictures with the screen lit up.
    something strange going on there.
    a hispanic lady shows up to sell you prototype treos which don't fully function? hmmm. I don't know... sounds very weird.
  6.    #86  
    something very wierd indeed
    She probably found them in the P1 dumpster
  8.    #88  
    how much storage you reckon the P1 dumpster has?
    Usually when a hispanic lady shows up around here, she's selling tamales and corn...

So...you manage to find a camera, and get a friend over to take the pictures (or at least one pic since you're using both hands in the second pic) all while she wasn't looking?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I can't believe any of the smart folks here are actually buying any of this story.....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    There are two issues here:

1) If the phones pictured are actual current pre-production models or old 650 pre-production models.

2) Whether P1 is contemplating using a PPC OS on the Treo.

As for 1.....no real way to tell if they are current or past production models. This situation the pictures were captured in, etc... So it is fun to speculate

As for 2....and I feel no matter how this thread started and what the deal is with the pictured phones, the idea of a PPC Treo is the ultimate core of this discusion........this has been rumored, leaked, tossed around, etc for some time now. We have already had a lengthy thread on this subject alone. The fact that P1 has not denied any of these rumors when asked directly, that they obviously have dealings with MS with other supporting technologies, and that P1 (now separate from Palm OS) would be opening up their products to the whole PDA & SmartPhones market instead of only a portion of it.......all adds up to serious thought of the strong possibility that this may hold some merit. But that I mean that I personally would think P1 to be incompetent if they did not even research the possibility to verify market scenarios from their hardware side, and in relation to their former or current commitments to Palm OS...to see if it is a viable option or not. Whether it will make it to Market is another subject all together.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/18/2005 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    She probably found them in the P1 dumpster
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Usually when a hispanic lady shows up around here, she's selling tamales and corn...

So...you manage to find a camera, and get a friend over to take the pictures (or at least one pic since you're using both hands in the second pic) all while she wasn't looking?
    bingo.. who would turn the other way to allow you enough time to snap a shot of a bootlegged smart device a few different times?

doesnt wash. i say its an april fool`s joke.
    Could PalmOne have a plan on the back burner? I've heard so many rumors about an Apple handheld, and would that sting PalmOne enough to want to lean more to Windows?

I personally think those bricks are real, just old........................

And has anybody commented on how square the 5 way nav button is on this photo? It looks like someone's failed attempt to differentiate this thing from the 600.
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 03/19/2005 at 09:36 AM.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Well I am not sure as to the realization of new Treos but i do know that the more the merrier. I hope it happens fairly soon, Palm1 has a tendency to be able to hold on releases like a cookie monster and his well cookies.{= D
    The best indicator when a new Treo comes out is what Verizon does with the old one.....Palm will release a new treo about a week after Verizon approves the 650 !
    I belive they are preproduction models. And I'm glad Palm threw the windows thingies in the dumpster...

And I hope palmOne/Source focus on Cobalt and not waste their precious time on windows mobile.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    I hope palmOne/Source focus on Cobalt and not waste their precious time on windows mobile.
    Can you shed some light on the benefits of Cobalt on the Treo for those of us who aren't that familiar with Cobolt. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    That's very impressive, Christine: Thanks! (BTW, did MTDN mean to call you God Member or Gold Member?).
    Maybe it's Good Member?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Blah, I don't know what to think. Having a "hispanic lady" come and try to sell you this just sounds weird...

Well I know the camera it was taken with...a Minolta DiMAGE XT (I took a look at the properties of the pic)...but it also shows that the pic was taken at 8:46PM...the hispanic lady came at night?
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast