Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar


    alllllllthough, creating a 32mb PPC device would be very Palm1esque.. Maybe it is real
    Ouch.
  2. #42  
    Looks like Photoshop to me - maybe the Benq P50's buttons, body & misc. Treo stuff.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Wow, how long til PalmOne demands these pics to be taken down. Those look slick!
    that is what i hought when i first saw them.

    if they ask, they are the future if they dont, they are the past?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4. #44  
    What's interesting to me are the changes made to the keyboard.

    All the keys in the first three rows on the Treo 650 appear to be virtually identical in shape. (I don't have one, so I'm judging by pictures.)

    But there are a variety of key shapes in the first three rows on this new device. If not 30 different shapes, there are at least four. I think, with custom shaped buttons, you could in theory design the bumps on each key to be spaced farther apart on average than the keys themselves - which would be a huge improvement in ergonomics.

    The more important change is that the new keyboard appears to be wider than that on the 650, assuming the two devices are the same width. The Q and P keys extend closer to the edges of the device. This would be another big improvement.

    I can believe that they could go from a pre-production model 650 with a variety of key shapes to the final model with a single shape - to control manufacturing costs. But making the keyboard narrower?? That's harder to justify.

    I'm inclined to believe that this is a legit pic of a new model.
  5. #45  
    These photos are real. Nothing about the photos themselves proves WinMob and from a close inspection of the app buttons they even indicate the use of Palm OS PIM apps + e-mail. Why is HTC involved, when the engraved IDs are typical PalmOne numbering schemes?

    Colors are different indicating GSM & CDMA versions as per retail 600 / 650s. NOTHING says that these are future devices. They very well could be OLD evaluation versions of the 650 that thankfully never saw the light of day. These things are seriously ugggy by Treo standards. My guess is that they are designs of the 650 that did not win and not WinMob devices, although time will tell if dudes gettin' a Dell?

    What looks to be a sure thing is the Treo 800g, with GPS, 64mb and HVGA in April. About time! Too bad it's not Cobalt.

    Treo 800g Photo
    Patrick Horne
  6. #46  
    Looks like Treo Photoshop to me..
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar

    alllllllthough, creating a 32mb PPC device would be very Palm1esque.. Maybe it is real

    Doesn't the Moto MpX also only have 32 MB of ram? Not justifying it if true...just pointing out that P1 are the only ones clueless sometimes...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #48  
    Interesting that these alleged new models don't have keyboards. I wouldn't buy a device without a keyboard.

    Tom
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    These photos are real. Nothing about the photos themselves proves WinMob and from a close inspection of the app buttons they even indicate the use of Palm OS PIM apps + e-mail. Why is HTC involved, when the engraved IDs are typical PalmOne numbering schemes?

    Colors are different indicating GSM & CDMA versions as per retail 600 / 650s. NOTHING says that these are future devices. They very well could be OLD evaluation versions of the 650 that thankfully never saw the light of day. These things are seriously ugggy by Treo standards. My guess is that they are designs of the 650 that did not win and not WinMob devices, although time will tell if dudes gettin' a Dell?

    What looks to be a sure thing is the Treo 800g, with GPS, 64mb and HVGA in April. About time! Too bad it's not Cobalt.

    Treo 800g Photo
    That's a photo shop job if i ever saw one...
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    Interesting that these alleged new models don't have keyboards. I wouldn't buy a device without a keyboard.

    Tom
    they do have keyboards.
  11. #51  
    Treo 800G? Yeah right.

    The day the Treo loses its keyboard is the day I go back to Samsung.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Doesn't the Moto MpX also only have 32 MB of ram? Not justifying it if true...just pointing out that P1 are the only ones clueless sometimes...
    Yeah -- and it's generally agreed that Motorola really blew it by only using 32m in the Mpx. Equally clueless, yes
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Doesn't the Moto MpX also only have 32 MB of ram? Not justifying it if true...just pointing out that P1 are the only ones clueless sometimes...
    The other major difference is that Treo is available, and the MPX is not!!!

    When was the MPX first announced? 15 months ago?

    MPX belongs in the vaporware hall of fame.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I am not sure what to make of this but I found these pictures on http://www.engadget.com/
    "it’s reportedly running on Windows Mobile, not the Palm OS. Anyway, whatever this is, it’s built by HTC; they make tons of Windows Mobile-based Smartphones and Pocket PCs, but they’re also the company contracted to manufacture the Treo 650 for palmOne, so this could either be a knock-off they’re making for someone else or the long-rumored Windows Mobile-powered Treo we’ve been hearing about. Either way we know one thing: we’re now completely obsessed with figuring this out, especially in the wake of disappointment the Treo 650 left."
    I guess no one read the eWeek article from the other day...?

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger
    I guess no one read the eWeek article from the other day...?

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594
    I didn't, Thanks! Good read.

    Does anyone have any articles that say WHY no one is signing on to Cobalt?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  16. dnt
    dnt is offline
    dnt's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #56  
    For those people who think it might have been photoshop. Yes they are but only to shrink down the size. Here's a picture with my hand holding it. Yeah, they look ugly =) Also I included pictures of the top. This is all the pictures I have of them. And yes the time date are acurrate but I didn't want to upload them until now because of the Treo 700 thread. I also got to play with the Motorola MPX 300 (aka MPx) the other day and yeah you're right it does have 32MB of memeory and yes that was about the same sluggishness as the treo 670 I tried out. I guess they really need to up the ram on these pocket pc or I'm just too used to Palm OS now =)


    Oh, yes these pictures are the orginal picture... I had to shrink them down. Anyone that want the orginal pic sent me a PM and I'll send it to a couple of people to inspect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #57  
    The one in the first image is running Windows Mobile! Look closely and you can see the today screen and small windows style icons in the top right of the screen. The backlight is off, but it is still visible. This is big news!
  18. #58  
    Ok so what is what slot below the SD slot?
  19. #59  
    The SIM card slot?
  20. #60  
    you guys do realize its only 17 days to april first?
    Fidelis Ad Mortem
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions