Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    "its reportedly running on Windows Mobile, not the Palm OS. Anyway, whatever this is, its built by HTC; they make tons of Windows Mobile-based Smartphones and Pocket PCs, but theyre also the company contracted to manufacture the Treo 650 for palmOne, so this could either be a knock-off theyre making for someone else or the long-rumored Windows Mobile-powered Treo weve been hearing about. Either way we know one thing: were now completely obsessed with figuring this out, especially in the wake of disappointment the Treo 650 left."
    If it really runs Windows Mobile, I would expect a windows logo - start button in place of the home button. I think it is an ok photoshop job
    I want one
    The keys look like they may be harder to use... and maybe even smaller.

The rounded keys on the 650 could actually intruded into the surrounding keys grid space by being offset, thus larger. These look smaller to me. Being squared off, the keys can't intrude.
  4.    #24  
    For those that didn't see the slide at the roadshow these are from the powerpoint presentation at the treo roadshows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 03/11/2005 at 11:19 AM.
    Sorry, I wanted to be the first to complain about it.
    very interesting... seems like a pre-production 650 to me as well
    Why are you guys discounting Windows Mobile because the pics don't show a windows logo? There are plenty of CE devices without this button. The Audiovox SMT5600, for example, has the exact same buttons with a home symbol and a return arrow.

http://www.audiovox.com/images/produ.../smt5600_y.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    very interesting... seems like a pre-production 650 to me as well
    I hope so. I don't like it well the camera and mirror look more cohesive and some how better designed (actually looks more integrated and is part of the Treo visual package/case).

The 600&650 cameras look so randomly plopped onto the phone sort of an eyesore. You look at Motorola and Sony Ericcson and Siemans and... and everyone else, their camera lenses are a featured part of the phone an appealing "design element". But not Treo's camera lens. Oh, that thing is ugly.
    I would ponder if it was a predessor to the 650....the home button and menu button bigger would have been accidently pushed trying to use the phone...hmm why did the left one lose its flashing light....
    Regarding the buttons being "Palm" and not PPC... The unit on the left has the standard 650 buttons. But the unit on the right has only the green and red phonee buttons, while the others aree simply *blank* where the home, menu etc pictures should be.

Interesting...
    the only thing that has me is the design of the 5-way/nav keys. They seem bigger, easier to press.
    Thats the first thing I thought too, that d-pad looks much easier to use.
    1 | 2
    Looks like a fake, take a look at the flash (assume thats flash from a camera) on the left treo and there is no shadowing effect on the right treo. The story the reader presents sounds fishy too.
    Wow, a very square-ish Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    HTC manufactures the treo 650.
    HTC makes a lot of phones with other company's names on them. PalmOne used another company for the 600, and moved to HTC for the 650, perhaps because the quality was poor for the 600.
    i like it

would be interested in other specs
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Looks like a fake, take a look at the flash (assume thats flash from a camera) on the left treo and there is no shadowing effect on the right treo. The story the reader presents sounds fishy too.
    Looks like an overhead light to me.
    the reflection in the left one is clearly an overhead flourescent light pair... and there appears to be one to the right of the subject as well.

some things i noticed- the one on the right definitely reminds me of a benq p50- the square keys and all- however most pocket pcs with keyboard have somewhat rounded keys- look at the ipaq thumbboards. also the one on the right's d-pad reminds me of my ipaq4150. also does anyone notice the volume button appears to be 2 seperate buttons instead of a rocker switch? i think the "less elegant" release for the battery cover is simpler and nicer. also i think if anything- the one on the right looks more like it would be a window based pda- the blank buttons remind me of a smartphone softbuttons and the dpad obviously... however i have never used a PPC with a "start button" only ones for the pim functions. i dont know why anyone would take a picture of preprod 650s in february after they came out... so i guess we'll see...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i dont know why anyone would take a picture of preprod 650s in february after they came out... so i guess we'll see...
    Well, I think it would be interesting to see, personally. And of course, anyone can slap a date stamp on an image with an image editor.
    Wow, how long til PalmOne demands these pics to be taken down. Those look slick!
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I think it is important to note that while the photos given come from the 670 post, they look very much like an early pre-production 650.

The plastics are hard rounded instead of smooth, the latch for the battery is of an apparently less sophisiticated design, the speaker grill is an ugly rectangle - where as on the 650 it gets refined into a circle.

The square keys look less comfortable than the long keys on the 650

I'm with miradu. This looks like a step backward, not forward. Everyone please stop wetting your panties in anticipation

alllllllthough, creating a 32mb PPC device would be very Palm1esque.. Maybe it is real
    Last edited by Joebar; 03/11/2005 at 03:46 PM.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast