1.    #1  
    A couple of months ago, another member of the forums here posted a picture of a birthday cake that his wife made to look just like his T650. He was so proud of it and asked if any of the other wives had done something like it. I of course mocked my own significant other and was not incredibly positive in my response that my wife would in fact do such a thing so thoughtful.

However...I stand before you and eat my words today. Mind you, I never spoke a word of this particular thread to my wife, nor did I ever ask for such a thing from her.

Here's the lo-down. I will be graduating college (for the second time) in a few weeks. This week I accepted a position as a technical support rep working on the LAN and WAN Network Hosting clients of Savvis Communications. Now mind you, I've been trying to get into this company for a LONG time, and it's finally happened. So my wife, God bless her, went out and sent me a very special bouquet of hand crafted cookies made to look like a computer, monitor, mouse, cell phone, and a PDA that she says was supposed to be a Treo. I was so happy and amazed that I just about cried my eyes out.

So of course...I must share it with all of my forum friends. Excuse me now while I cry tears of joy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Don't ever sell the spouses or significant others short, they are actually listening to us, they just don't share our obsession (nor really give a @#$% about it), but if that obsession becomes all encompassing, they are forced to acknowledge it if only because it "is important to us". So keep on obsessing, it keeps them on their toes!
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Oh yummy. Don't get any cookie crumbs on the Treo
    Your wife sounds very creative. Congrats on the new job!
  4.    #4  
    I don't think I ever doubted her devotion to me, but like you said...I don't think she gives a s#&% about my obsession. In fact, she kringes at the thought of even looking at a Best Buy. But after 7 years of marriage, I think she's at least starting to respect the thought of my geekness...haha.

Thanks for the good wishes dogmommy.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Thanks for sharing Millsda,
    congrats on two accounts: 1. A great wife (take care of her!)
    2. The new job!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    That's awesome, dude!!! Your Wife is a keeper. Congrats on the job too...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Your wife is a sweetheart. Clever too

Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    They are actually listening to us, they just don't share our obsession (nor really give a @#$% about it)
    There are exceptions to that, of course. It helps if the female in the relationship has a Treo. My bf has a samsung i600 (we like to think that my t600 and his i600 have a very passionate relationship, despite their obvious incompatibility and romeo-and-juliet-like differences, palm vs. win. smartphone).

My bf is very very techie, and while I was "moderately" techie, when he got me my Treo, my techie status jumped about 3 notches (I even want to program palm now). And this helps him, because while I'm on my PC downloading new programs for my baby (the Treo, that is), he gets more video gamimg time.

It's a win-win.
  8.    #8  
    My wife is not exactly the techie type. I try and try and try, but it just doesn't stick with her. I gave her my old Dell Axim X30 and she just haven't the same respect for it that I did. She throws it around like it's a ragdoll. Already in just two months, it has more scratches on than ever. It was mint when I gave it to her. I guess I shouldn't complain...it's only a PPC...hehe. She took the screen protector off because it "wasn't comfortable"...I understand her sometimes I guess.
    Her idea of being techie is downloading the newest ringtone by Jessica Simpson. But I love her and she takes care of me...so I can't really complain.
    www.planetmills.com
    you've got a good woman there, millsda!

Where's the treo? I don't see the treo in that picture. Mods please move this thread. Honestly, I'm just jealous. You've got a good thing going.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah...couldn't help not having the treo in the picture...I was using it to take the picture. But the Treo cookie is supposed to be the one on the right. I'm pretty sure the cookie makin' lady didn't know what a Treo was.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    A couple of months ago, another member of the forums here posted a picture of a birthday cake that his wife made to look just like his T650. He was so proud of it and asked if any of the other wives had done something like it. I of course mocked my own significant other and was not incredibly positive in my response that my wife would in fact do such a thing so thoughtful.

However...I stand before you and eat my words today. Mind you, I never spoke a word of this particular thread to my wife, nor did I ever ask for such a thing from her.

Here's the lo-down. I will be graduating college (for the second time) in a few weeks. This week I accepted a position as a technical support rep working on the LAN and WAN Network Hosting clients of Savvis Communications. Now mind you, I've been trying to get into this company for a LONG time, and it's finally happened. So my wife, God bless her, went out and sent me a very special bouquet of hand crafted cookies made to look like a computer, monitor, mouse, cell phone, and a PDA that she says was supposed to be a Treo. I was so happy and amazed that I just about cried my eyes out.

So of course...I must share it with all of my forum friends. Excuse me now while I cry tears of joy.
    What a women! Not many women would do that nowadays.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    awww that's sweet of her my husband isn't exactly a techie himself, but he does indulge my geeky whims.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese