Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    DNT, that's huge news.
    thread started here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77186
    woah - that's big..

and I just wanted to chimein for a flip phone... DT thanks for starting that thread.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Palm are you listening to this thread? I love the bigger screen idea. I like the slider idea, but from a different angle. Here is what I posted on another thread a while back of what I personally count as the perfect Treo:

Here would be my perfect phone :
    • Treo form factor (without the antenna).
    • But the keyboard would slide down for a PPC-660x size screen when needed and the OS would recognize what screen mode (or actually the screen would slide up to keep the weight at the bottom for easy balance for typing). That way those who like the small form factor have it and never have to slide it to a larger size for more screen real estate, while those who need the extra screen have it. All while have an a keyboard always exposed.
    • Portrait & Landscape
    • OS: Just like a desktop....A dual boot to either Palm Colbalt & PPC 2005 as I have programs I love on both OS's
    • With the dual boot, there would be a common database format compatible with both OS's so common info, i.e....contacts, emails, tasks, etc...can be accessed and edited no matter OS you have loaded.
    • Dual radios...one for data and one for voice so both can used at same time, at least until EVDV becomes available.
    • True VGA screen resolution
    • At least a 1.3 mp camera (saw the first 5 mp cell phone camera the other day in a magazine).
    • Complete office software solution
    • Full Blackberry support and compatible (which is what the latest version of the 660x is going to have when released soon in EU).
    • Voice Command included.
    • Non crippled Bluetooth
    • Built in Wifi
    • CDMA (aka available through Sprint)
    • EVDO
    • No atenna
    • GPS. Just like the folding the GPS antenna, but removable with a port in back of phone where a removable GPS antenna can be snapped on and off as needed.
    • At least, bare minimum, 128 mb of memory, with how cheap memory is now there would also be a 1 gb internal mem option. I figure a dual boot OS option would take around 100 meg of internal memory so high mem is a must.
    • Graphic chip accelator that will be released for PDAs this next year.
    • At least a 600mhz processor.
    • two sd slots for memory and accessory.
    • No thicker than the 650
    • And of course, since we are dreaming....no bugs with the first release.
    I would be happy then....

FOLLOW UP NOTES: As for graphics accelator...nVidia has announced their new GoForce 4500 3D that will be released soon. This will provide arcade quality graphics and performance to PPCs. You can see it at http://www.nvidia.com/page/goforce_3d_4500.html . You can also see some screenshots at http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20040916183808.html . Here is one of favorites: http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/10085...ndheld_Demo.jpg

I think that my dream phone is VERY reasonable today...or at least as soon as the GoForce is released. Whoever wakes up and smells the market demand by making it, could become the new leader in the industry.....as long they do not shoot themselves in the foot with never ending bugs.

horrid looking
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    What's the thing where the earpiece speaker used to be?

Tachion Field
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

a camera! a turnable one!
    I don't like most of the screwing around you all are doing with my beloved phone.

Getting rid of the buttons would make me jump ship. Those on-screen buttons are a disaster. They are far too small to use without the stylus and I can't imagine having to constantly pull the stylus out. Not to mention they are so small they would be absolutely impossible to use -- stylus or not -- while driving.

Lots of other things they can spend their time fixing instead of making the phone infinitely LESS usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboy
    huh?

so where is the earpiece speaker? If I put my ear up against that then someone will be getting an interesting picture of my ear wax collection.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I failed to congratulate you on the slider design - very cool indeed as a great many other Treonauts also agreed:

Future Treo Prototypes Roundup

Cheers, W.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    I don't like most of the screwing around you all are doing with my beloved phone.

Getting rid of the buttons would make me jump ship. Those on-screen buttons are a disaster. They are far too small to use without the stylus and I can't imagine having to constantly pull the stylus out. Not to mention they are so small they would be absolutely impossible to use -- stylus or not -- while driving.

Lots of other things they can spend their time fixing instead of making the phone infinitely LESS usable.
    I can see your point but everyone is different. I find the keyboard alittle hard to use. I use fat finger. I perfer it to the hard keyboard.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04/06/2005 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    I failed to congratulate you on the slider design - very cool indeed as a great many other Treonauts also agreed:

Future Treo Prototypes Roundup

Cheers, W.
    Thanks, Its pretty cool to see my pics on your site
    Quote Originally Posted by sickboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    huh?

so where is the earpiece speaker? If I put my ear up against that then someone will be getting an interesting picture of my ear wax collection.
    I guess a someone took"A picture is worth a thousand words" a little too literal...

And Palm dumping the PalmOS for the PocketPC that would be like buying a Mac G6 with Windows XP.2
    Reg Key
    Active Use
    Palm Vx
    Palm M505
    Handspring Treo 270 {being repaired}
    palmOne Tungsten C
    palmOne Treo 600
    Retired
    Palm Pilot Personal {broken screen}
    WHAT????!!!! I can't hear you!!!! I am trying to listen through my cool moveable camera!!!

Can you say Edsel?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I thought it was a swamp cooler...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    On second thought, I believe it is an electric razor. Now we know true purpose of the "Mirror Mechanism"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Heres my fatfinger treo
    Wanderman did you see the Sidekick Treo , I was impressed by the designers skill but you couldnt use that keyboard with one hand.

Landscape treo
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast