Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VueDoc
    Oh yeah, and a more accessable reset button... since I have to use mine so often!
    Just install mReset
    Would you mind repeating that? The spray is quite refreshing
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    Hi all,

I'm just having a little fun so don't be mad. The Treo 700 should look like the one below with all the bugs from 650 fixed of course. Most of the buttons including the phone off button can be located on the screen shortcuts.
    http://www.ultracorinc.com/ebay/Treo700Comparison.jpg
    hmmm... how do you turn it on?????????
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    What palm needs to do is make a flip treo. As cool as the treo is, there are a number of people who will never buy it simply because it's not a flip phone.
    A flip phone could solve every problem...more screen real estate yet smaller size. Don't see why they can't do it. I'd buy one in a minute.
    I think the moto mpx220 size is perfect. If they can stuff a 320X240 touch screen in there. It will be perfect. A real SD card of couse. Non of these minSD card.
    In case anyone of influince at Palm reads this, I have to chime in on the desire for a flip. Once you go flip you'll never go back.
    I agree with the middle one. Loose the antennae and add more buttons to the left and right of the dpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokninja
    What palm needs to do is make a flip treo. As cool as the treo is, there are a number of people who will never buy it simply because it's not a flip phone.
    http://www.hardwareextreme.com/revie.../images/22.jpg

Move the ear piece to the back. That way you don't press the screen against your face when talking.
    I would not like to give up the hardware buttons for the extra screen space.

When I migrated from the T3 to the Treo 650 I thought that I would miss the Grafitti and the extra screen space, especially when reading eBooks. But I don't.

The convenience of being to move almost everywhere in the software without using a stylus is great. I am slowly training myself not to pull out the stylus ever, except when using 3rd party apps that have not yet fully integrated the 5-way button (eg AvantGo, WorldMate)

The flip out keyboard sounds good. But it'd be difficult to make it stable enough to type while walking.
    If so, I might have to spit out another 6 bills.

http://www.palmsource.com/palmos/cobalt.html
    V nice job, but you have to keep the hard buttons. Also while we are at it, you can use the Screen as a speaker. I remember some Asian phone company released a flip phone that used it's screen as a speaker. that's save you some space on the phone!

How about a MiniSD slot along with the SDIO? eh?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    are there any rumors yet about what the next gen treo will be like? i mean, for real...
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Bah, you got my hopes up! And for what?! A nice PS job, hehe.
    Please, please, please keep the hardware buttons. <P>

Previously I had a kyocera palm-phone (flip). I liked it but it broke. Then I had the samsung i300 - which had very few buttons and most of the interface was on the screen - I hated it - there's no tactile feel when driving, for example. Now I have the treo 650. I love it! I think it's the perfect combination of phone/pda. The hardware buttons make it much nicer to use than having everthing on a touch screen. <P>

That said, I think the space above the screen is wasted, it could be narrowed up a bit. The space between the button on the silver panel and the keyboard buttons could be tightened up a bit. So by making the phone slightly taller and using the space more efficiently we could end up with a 320 x 480 screen. In which case it would be great to be able to turn it sideways while watching movies.
  16. dnt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Actually the next version is gonna be a Treo 670. How do I know? This might sound cazy but some lady was trying to sell these to me a couple a weeks back. Figured they were hot so I didn't want to buy them. But she did let me check them out. From what I could tell it was functional... sorta. I couldn't get the phone to work... Either the ear piece was broken or I was just plain dumb =) So I tried connecting it to my bluetooth and see if I could make a call. It didn't bond. Anyways I check the OS and guess what... It was a Pocket PC one. Wasn't really familiar with it but I was able to see that it only had 32MB of memory too... funny huh? This really must be some pre-pre-pre production model because no one in their right minds would be using 32MB of memory for a pocket Pc. Of course since I wasn't familiar with it and it might had been somewhere else but I didn't see it. It was actually really slugish. I tried to hard reset it but the normal hold the power button and push the reset button didn't work. The one you see in the pic on with the screen on seem to be a GSM model because it had sim slot.

She also had an acutal verizon treo 650. It acutally did call out too but after I hard reset it didn't work so good. Meaning after the hard reset it wouldn't hold on to a call longer than 15 sec before disconnecting. Looked just like the sprint version but actually had verizon software. Thats all I could remember...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dnt
    Actually the next version is gonna be a Treo 670. How do I know? This might sound cazy but some lady was trying to sell these to me a couple a weeks back. Figured they were hot so I didn't want to buy them. But she did let me check them out. From what I could tell it was functional... sorta. I couldn't get the phone to work... Either the ear piece was broken or I was just plain dumb =) So I tried connecting it to my bluetooth and see if I could make a call. It didn't bond. Anyways I check the OS and guess what... It was a Pocket PC one. Wasn't really familiar with it but I was able to see that it only had 32MB of memory too... funny huh? This really must be some pre-pre-pre production model because no one in their right minds would be using 32MB of memory for a pocket Pc. Of course since I wasn't familiar with it and it might had been somewhere else but I didn't see it. It was actually really slugish. I tried to hard reset it but the normal hold the power button and push the reset button didn't work. The one you see in the pic on with the screen on seem to be a GSM model because it had sim slot.

She also had an acutal verizon treo 650. It acutally did call out too but after I hard reset it didn't work so good. Meaning after the hard reset it wouldn't hold on to a call longer than 15 sec before disconnecting. Looked just like the sprint version but actually had verizon software. Thats all I could remember...

Wow...start a thread with these pics!

some lady????who was she?
    DNT, that's huge news.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Wow...start a thread with these pics!

some lady????who was she?
    The key shapes are unusual...bigger...

It doesn't looked photoshopped, but I am no expert on that by any stretch of the imagination.

a PPC version with 32 mb?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Hmmmm ???
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast