1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone have heard anything regarding a new model to replace the curren 650? Also to find out approx. when the 600 came out and how long it was out before the 650s were bought on the market to buy. I'm wondering this b/c i've been thinking very seriously about purchasing the Treo 650, but by the first quarter of the year being around the corner, i was wondering if it would be feasible to go ahead and get it. I wouldn't want to get the 650 and then by like late fall or early winter of this year, they come out with a new model. Now if it would be like a year and some change before the next model were to come out, i could possibly live with that.

So if anyone has any input or like i said prior, any opinions please reply to the thread and let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Are you serious? The GSM Treo 650 is just NOW being released on most carriers!! The next gen Treo will not be announced until the end of 2005 at the earliest and probably won't be out until 2006 if PalmOne sticks to their usual once a year product launches...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The Treo 600 was out for one full year before the 650 was released. But, I don't think it will be another year before they introduce another model.

Palm users have proven to be gluttens for punishment and will not hesitate to purchase a replacement inside of 9 months. I have only been a user of Palm OS based products for 4 years and have not been watching them all that long, but I have noted that they will take advantage of their buyers. It is my belief that they will release a new & improved Treo with only marginal improvements, something like an additional 32MB of memory, a slightly redesigned back plate and 3 upgraded applications. You know, something that proves to be just barely enough to visually set it off from the older model.

I don't have any evidence of this. It is just what I believe will happen. Yup. Sometime this summer!
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    It is my belief that they will release a new & improved Treo with only marginal improvements...

Actually, I think there's a good chance the next ver of the Treo may run Windows Mobile!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah, I read that too...something about how PalmOne (the manufacturer of Treo) has been disconnected from the main co., PalmSource for over a year and isn't required to use the Palm OS...

I think a PPC version of the Treo would be interesting if they could combine the quality and size of the current Treo with the latest PPC OS. I've used a windows smartphone (i600), a full PPC PDA (G1000) and my Treo 600, and one major thing I really like about the Treo is that it feels like quality, unlike most PPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Actually, I think there's a good chance the next ver of the Treo may run Windows Mobile!!
    But not before they soak the Palm OS users one last time.

They have come this far with the software so I think they will release an updated version of Palm OS Treo apps that don't crash and let this community slowly fade away/die off in silence.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    O.K. member lets think positive. good thoughts.
    Everyone knows(treo family) know's the new Treo (700) will NOT be a Windows till the 750. So we need to move on til' then. Their is SO many bugs PalmOne needs to improve before that. When you have other people doing BETTER upgrades, you know their is a problem.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hey guys before we start thinking new model let palm one get there act together and fix the problems with the current model so we can stop bashing them in these forums.

Fred
    I can't wait for a windows version of the treo. Then, instead of waiting 20 seconds for my treo to reset, I'll get to wait 2 minutes..... and I'll get to do it 5x as often...
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the comments, but i basically just wanted to know when people think that PalmOne will introduce the next model so i'll know if i need to go ahead and invest in the Treo 650 now. And if i were to purchase it now, then i would do it a.s.a.p. My main fear is that i get it now and before the year is out, they go ahead and launch the new model and have it out in the stores. I'm not really concerned about whether or not Windows will act as the OS or not. I just need to know whether or not it will be beneficial for me to purchase it now.

Thanks.
    Well, it's certainly of no benefit to you if you don't purchase one for 8 months.

Even if a new model is put out the day after you buy yours, it does not diminish the quality and functionality of the one you just bought. It may not be the newest gadget out there, but like computers and cars, if you keep waiting for the next newest and better thing, you'll never buy anything but will be in a perpetual state of researching and waiting.

Buy it, use it, be happy with it, and sell it and upgrade later on down the road if the next model has features you find useful.
    Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. I have been thinking about purchasing a new treo 650 for a while now. I have been reading this discussion board for a while to make sure I am well versed with all the quirks of the treo. My main concern isn't whether there will be a new model down the road (there is certainly going to be another model released) but rather when are they going to stabalize the 650 by fixing all of these blatantly obvious bugs in their software.

Even if they were to come out with a 700 model, they will most likely be back to square one with all their bugs on that particular model. I would rather use a 650 with most of the problems resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Thanks for all the comments, but i basically just wanted to know when people think that PalmOne will introduce the next model so i'll know if i need to go ahead and invest in the Treo 650 now. And if i were to purchase it now, then i would do it a.s.a.p. My main fear is that i get it now and before the year is out, they go ahead and launch the new model and have it out in the stores. I'm not really concerned about whether or not Windows will act as the OS or not. I just need to know whether or not it will be beneficial for me to purchase it now.

Thanks.
    According to my information about the next model it is in the Q1-2006. Let's see where it goes.
    -Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel2mi
    According to my information about the next model it is in the Q1-2006. Let's see where it goes.
    -Daniel
    Good - I hope it has at least 64mb uf user-usable RAM, supports multitasking, WiFi, Bluetooth, Edge, to go with a faster CPU, the same hi-res screen the 650 has, a built-in USB port, and an XD slot as well as an SD slot (so you can use SDIO for GPS, FM radio, etc. and still have a memory card), and run all existing 600/650 software.

That's my wish list.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I am also expecting almost same things from the next gen. Treo. Let's C where it goes. I support you shneor.
    Thanks.

-> Daniel <-
    I have been buying palms since they were released as second model - Zoomer. I think looking at Q1 of 06 is optimistic, and it will be more like Q2 or Q3 of 06. I think that if you "have been thinking of buying one for quite some time", you should go ahead and Buy!!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >