Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    27, and after a long history of buying almost every device since the I300 I finally work for a company that paid for my new 650 w/bluetooth headset. GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!!
    Treoseur
    So I am the old fart of the thread......hey I was in my forties when I bought it. Now I'm 50.
    Well, I feel a little better (though an earlier poster said he was 61). I'm 49 and have been using Palmy things since the III, first cell phone was the "brick on a stick" Motorola back in 1990. Third Treo (300 -> 600 -> 650)
    I just got a Treo650 today, and I love it!

I'm 15, my birthday is at the end of this month and got it for that (16th B-Day)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Retired, on SS, owned many since original128K Palm Pilot. Now 65. Bride of 42 years has me beat @ 66, but has T600. Could use some charity to upgrade wife to 6.50 as we always buy our own. Grandson has used my old palms since 3 1/2 playing games like traffic and picobon?

Looks like we win on both ends.
    FastFrank
    52 , t600 and t300 past two yrs
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    45, I have a 650 *unlocked* phone.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Palm Vx -> Handera 330 -> m515 -> Samsung SPH-I300 (Sprint) -> Tungsten T -> Sony TH55 (BT/WiFi UK) + SE T637 -> Garmin iQue 3600 -> unlocked Treo 650 (AT&T), Jabra BT110 Headset
    50....Palm history below. PC's/phones back to stone age...
    hhb
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    48 & this Treo 650 is my first "Palm" device.

Don't think I'll ever go back to a PocketPC ever again.
    Glad to see some old guys checking in. I'm 74, so I should hold the age record. I've used Palm devices almost since their inception, including Treo 180, 270, 600 and now 650. Prior to that I had an HP organizer. Can't remember the model, but it was over ten years ago. Currently have 1800 names and addresses in my 650, along with a lot of other software, and still have 9.0 MB of memory. I put a lot of stuff on the SD card (256 MB). Use Blazer a lot as well as Versamail. I travel a lot, flying my own airplane, and on the last two flights, I left my laptop at home and used the 650 exclusively. Worked fine for me.
  12.    #52  
    Now see, that's what i like hearing... Forget your laptop? No big deal just let the Treo handle all your needs! Great post.
    48 for a few more days. Back in the day, I used an Apple Newton. What a gem! Too bad they quit supporting it, because it was way ahead of it's time.
    This is my first Treo, but I've wanted one since I saw the first one receiving email a few years ago. This one was worth waiting for!
    I'm 35 and I love this thing!! btw, it seems to kick out a lot of interference/radiation, it makes my computer screen flicker and I get a buzz in my computer speakers if I bring the treo too close to it.
    43 and love the 650!
    52: PalmIII>PalmVx>Treo270>Treo650 (worth the wait).

Like jetprop I often leave the note[brick]book in the office and just use the Treo. I do a lot of financial calculations, so I just need a spreadsheet (and VersaMail) to dazzle the clients.
    Lol! The discussions of older model "brick" phones bring back some memories. I had a friend with a Motorola bag phone. He thought that he was the s**t. My 1st cell was a huge NEC that was "small" in comparison to the other available models. My mom's 1st cell was a Motorola StarTac(?) flip phone. I remember thinking how cool it was that her phone folded up into half the size of my phone.
    55 and not countin,g
    27. This is my first Treo. My best friend is a Sprint manager and he gave it to me as a wedding present. I have never been addicted to a piece of machinery before......

I will be a Treo user for many years to come!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast