1.    #1  
    With all this talk about cell phones being hacked, would someone care to elaborate on what is being done? I know that we "hack" programs for our device, but what is it that someone we don't want would or could do to us?
    Jeff
    The Paris Hilton deal from what I understand was someone that hacked TMobile. I guess the sidekicks store the info on the TMobile servers somehow and this is how the info was hacked and stolen.

All of our data is saved on the ROM or on our SD cards, so it would be much harder to hack a 650.
    The way people will blindly download any app and install it, hacking a Treo would be trivial.

Tom
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The Paris thing wasn't really hacking as most people think of it. Someone got a hold of her number and reset her account password on their website. She was dumb enough to make her password question the name of her pet, which the entire world knows. I think it's kinda funny. Sucks for all those celebs that had to change their cell numbers though.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by kabish
    The Paris Hilton deal from what I understand was someone that hacked TMobile. I guess the sidekicks store the info on the TMobile servers somehow and this is how the info was hacked and stolen.

All of our data is saved on the ROM or on our SD cards, so it would be much harder to hack a 650.
    Hacking bluetooth is apparently easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    The Paris thing wasn't really hacking as most people think of it. Someone got a hold of her number and reset her account password on their website. She was dumb enough to make her password question the name of her pet, which the entire world knows. I think it's kinda funny. Sucks for all those celebs that had to change their cell numbers though.

Joe
    I am sure the whole world isn't dumb enough to enjoy the exploits of this no talent relation to Conrad Hilton.
    I just can't understand how come all the OTHER people in her addressbook got calls, and I didn't!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    I just can't understand how come all the OTHER people in her addressbook got calls, and I didn't!!
    What, the video wasn't enough exposure for you?
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Damn, you mean that video of me and Paris was on her PHONE!! Oh wait, or was it the one of me and her dog!!!! Gawd I hope my dog doesn't find out! (nor my wife!)
    Apperently her password her password was her dogs name! So it's not hacking...it's stupid! Hackers are smart, very smart, I was told as long as my Bluetooth, Beam was off, I'm o.k. There is an actual Hackers Mag. at Tower Records for 5 bucks, monthly. PDA is the new subject, so I will be reading....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter