1.    #1  
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm

just read this article - just curious if anybody's cellph conversation has been mysteriously "zapped"

I tell ya what - *I* come across someone scrambling cell calls - there'll be a problem...
    I wish I had one , I have been looking for a cheap one to zap the jackazzzes who want the whole train to know what they are eating for dinner or hear them bossing around there secratery . I have seen people on the train tell people to shut up .
    I mean your sitting there and you got the guy next to you screaming in his phone about how did this last night and tonight hes doing this or whatever.
    oh I agree COMPLETELY. people have gotten so childlike in the way they simply act like " look at what I'VE got" that its truly incredible.
    there's a good reason why those jammers have proliferated - and these obnoxious PRIMADONNAS, divas, and spoiled brats projecting their voices and lives for that matter onto everybody as though we all give a sh)t is just a farce.
    that behavior is like a bad SNL skit come to life. I know they're illegal, but ill tell ya, id LOVE to jam the hell out of some diva's or blowhard's obnoxious conversation when its disrupting everyone else's lives. nothing would be more satisfying!
    Devices like this will become a travel necessity if the FAA decides to let flyers use cellphones on airplanes. I know of not a single person who would have anything positive to say about the prospect of sitting next to either some teenager gabbing with her friends, or some business exec blabbering about profits and forecasts and initiatives during a 6 hour flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I know they're illegal, but ill tell ya, id LOVE to jam the hell out of some diva's or blowhard's obnoxious conversation when its disrupting everyone else's lives. nothing would be more satisfying!
    I finally agree with you on something!
    People carrying on endlessly on their cell phones are obnoxious.

However, people that are not talking on their phones, but sitting nearby,anxiously awaiting a call about something important or worrisome (child did not come home from school, wife about to go into labor, surgery on someone they love, etc) would be jammed too and could not get their call. even tho they were doing you no harm. Your jammer would be disrupting their lives, even though they were not even talking on their phone.

This seems like the wrong way to address the problem. Perhaps politely shoving the offender's cell phone up his a$$ would be a better approach.
    Defintly would hate to block a regular person call . just the obliviots.

You all should read Mike Strakas column on Foxnews.com called strakaloge.

Its about people he calls obliviots . they cut in line in front of you and talk loud on the cell phone. Annoying stuff people do who think they are better than you.
    And he takes peoples GRRRRR's

Heres a topical one.

Chad From Charleston: Grrr! to these people with "walkie talkie" cell phones! I see/hear them on my lunch break, usually filling the local eatery with loud, beeping noise pollution. Do they really need to talk AT their cell phone in front of their face, instead of INTO their cell phone next to their ear. It takes the same number of movements to answer a cell phone call as it does answer a "walkie talkie" call -- the only difference is the rest of us don't have to hear it!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148262,00.html

http://www.mikestraka.com/
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 02/21/2005 at 05:55 PM.
    These devices are illegal in the US. But noise cancellation for cellphones (so that no one can hear what you are saying from a few inches away) is going to make someone billions pretty soon. As soon as people realize that they can have privacy when talking into their cellphone, everyone will want it. It will very shortly become a standard feature. We have it for headphones, it just takes some tricky design to get ti to work for cellphones. I can hardly wait.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #8  
    that's a little "star trekky"
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    tell ya, id LOVE to jam the hell out of some diva's or blowhard's obnoxious conversation when its disrupting everyone else's lives. nothing would be more satisfying!
    I was at a Benihana type Japanese cook-in-front-of-you restaurant on V-day last week with my wife and in the middle of eating some jackoff at our table was on his motorola PTT'ing back and forth with his friend. We got to hear BOTH sides of the conversation.

I wanted to take his f-ing face and smash it into the hot hibachi grill. After about 5 minutes all the dirty looks got to him and he quit.

What sucks nowadays is you cant even ask someone politely to stop, because they you'll get the dirty look from them or worse yet stabbed or shot....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I was looking for something that does the oppsite of what the jammer does... that is, push a button and everybody's phone go nuts.
    With everyone being able to afford and have access to cell phones, we are on occasions condemmed to tolerate the stupid people who ignore common sense and courtesy while using their phones.

I sometimes want to shout "we don't want to hear your stupid azz conversations, wtf is wrong with you. You think you're in a phone booth somewhere."

But I don't cuz I haven't been in a fight since 9th grade, not to mention that I don't like the thought of being shot or physically assaulted.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre