Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Since I deleted & re-installed Versamail, my resets are way down. Nonetheless, it still hangs every so often. FYI

S
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    I got the Big Pile O' Crap. But I feel like it's my duty to keep configuring until it works properly.

Anyone else feel this way?
    absolutely and thats exactly what this forum is for. ive owned all kinds of palm phone hybrids and this stuff just comes with the territory. i was so very close to just buying a tiny cell phone and keeping my treo600 for its pda purposes and despite all of the little problems, im still happy im a t650 user.

however i do think palm1 should LISTEN UP and address these issues. If they release a treo 660 or 700 or whatever with these problems fixed...i'll be MAD AS HELL for spending the big money on this device. they absolutely need to address the issues with the 650 so that its users can feel they made a solid investment. in a way i expect palm1 to come up with updates after the fact...as they did with the t600 (as ***-backwards as that approach is). true theres little that can be done with hardware issues....and if i hear that they tweak some of the hardware with future t650 releases (unlikely)...im running back to sprint for a swap(also unlikely).

in the meantime i'll keep checking out this forum for advice
  3.    #23  
    I'm considering removing Versamail all together. I use primarily Snapper all day anyway. Are there any files that need manualy deletion or can I use Clean.U utility ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    I'm considering removing Versamail all together. I use primarily Snapper all day anyway. Are there any files that need manualy deletion or can I use Clean.U utility ?
    You may also want to delete any files beginning with MM. MM stands for Multi-Mail which are associated with Versamail. Use Filez to delete these files. Just as a safety measure, do a MOVE to card instead of delete. If everything still works after you move those files then you can remove them from the card.
    Year, I think versamail has issues. It has restarted my treo(3 times) while downloading email. Can any one suggest a better email software
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    Year, I think versamail has issues. It has restarted my treo(3 times) while downloading email. Can any one suggest a better email software
    If you've searched here I'm sure you've found majority use Snappermail. I have it and have never had any issues with it.
    Last edited by aznmode; 03/08/2005 at 10:19 PM.
  7.    #27  
    Thanks, that worked. My Treo has never been more stable. Down with VersaMail!!
    thanks, I will give Snappermail a try
  9.    #29  
    Does anyone else believe that a newer hardware version is just going to make this population upset...

.... and it will probably not change the % of new Treo users one bit....
    This thread takes the words out of my mouth. I just got done trying out S/E T608 with Bluetooth in place of my VZW Treo and it was quite enlightening. An old, cheapo, buggy BT phone I bought for $35 on eBay that (in many respects) is a much better PHONE than the Treo. Even the $30 LG 3200 I had on loan while the Treo was being replaced was (in voice quality, speakerphone, one-handed operation, and general phone use) a much better phone than the Treo.

I've had the Kyo 6035, the 7135, and now the Treo 600 and I've come to the conclusion that every Palm-based "smartphone" out there is simply PDA first, phone second. And that's just not where I'm at. I love the sync'ing, PIM functions, and general software expandability of the PalmOS, but when you end up with a $30 phone working better than a $600 phone there's something wrong. I don't expect Treo to be better than everything else, I do expect it to better than most.

Looking at the Samsung i600 now. We'll see what happens.
  11.    #31  
    Racer, I agree with your post completely. I guess the QA tests that are done at PalmOne have very low standards for the "Q" part. The goal seems to be to get the phone and the PDA working on the same hardware regardless of how well it actually works. Then it's up to marketing to make up for poor quality with hype and sales.

Does anyone think that PalmOne considers forums such as this one as a resource to keep the more technical community happy while the more general users just call their Treos "broken" or never notice the smaller issues?

Do you think PalmOne employees read these forums, or do pleas fall on deaf ears?

Oh, and I got a new Avatar... my first.... whaddaya think?
    The Contacts app does not have a field for a middle name either.
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
  13.    #33  
    The biggest "F YOU" to the business community is the lack of support for extension dialing from the regular contacts list. This to me is unacceptable. Think about this... a $500 PDA designed for the business community..but unable to even handle the simplest of business tasks.
    -post removed-
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12