Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I'd love a WinCE version of Treo. If they could make it with enough memory and CPU power to support WinCE (650 certainly does not,) absolutely I'd buy it.
    But one of the main problems is that Windows CE demands more power and memory them the Palm OS... I would like to see windows CE run on a wrist watch like the fossil FX2008 Palm. This device shows the versitility of the Palm OS. I would never buy a Windows Treo, I may take a free one...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I think I will buy it. Don't know why. How sad
    Having just sold my Pocket PC to switch to a Treo I can say that I'd never switch back to Windows Mobile. I was getting 8-9 soft resets per day, and the final straw was that one of the programs I used everyday decided to corrupt some OS files, subsequently hard resetting my device without my permission. I was so peeved that I decided it was time to move to the Treo. I will say that I really loved the multitasking ability of Windows Mobile, but it was just too buggy, and way too difficult to get it to sync w/ my Mac reliably. My Treo just works, it syncs with my Mac, including all the conduits that I couldn't use with a PPC/Mac setup, and it's so reliable and easy to use! I miss true multitasking a tiny bit, but the great one-handed operation, rock solid operation and simplicity of my Treo w/ Palm OS makes me a convert.
    Add one more vote to the "HeLL-No, we won't Go!" club.
    (The thought of a wintendo treo just makes me sick.)

Hoping for a Palm-style interface over Linux someday ...
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    No way. Period. Now if it ran a newton-ish version of OS X, THEN, we would be in business!!
  6.    #26  
    what a great idea!!!

why DON'T they make a treo based on OSX or linux?

huge base of potential developers out there, stable, good looking...

all kinds of benefits just waiting to be exploited
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone
    what a great idea!!!

why DON'T they make a treo based on OSX or linux?

huge base of potential developers out there, stable, good looking...

all kinds of benefits just waiting to be exploited
    ummm... News flash: Palmsource is going to use linux as a base for Cobalt. You'll see handhelds and Treo's in a year or so with linux if Palmsource is serious about this.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  8.    #28  
    that would be COOL

thx!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12