1.    #2  
    does this mean we will be able to play nintendo ds games on our treos in the future?
    Very doubtful. The 650 wasn't designed to handle graphics like the ones produced by the DS. Plus, there wouldn't be anywhere near enough memory for games like that. The DS would be a great PDA at a great price though.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    What this would likely mean, if the rumor is true, is that Palm OS software will run on a future Gameboy. It would probably go after a Clie that Sony is selling in Japan or maybe the Tapwave Zodiac.

Alan G
    i think it's a neat idea as a DS owner, but at this point the connectivity is crippled. Nintendo DS has specific wireless capability and proprietary ports. Sync-ing seems at a distance, thus the PIM would be self-contained...
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    We'll have to wait and see what the future holds. I don't recall if the Sony Play Station Portable is going to have any PIM apps built in or not. While it is probably too late for the Gameboy DS, it would be cool to see the Palm OS on a future device. Then I'd have a reason to trade in my Gameboy Advanced to a new device. (And I'd probably use it more than I do the GBA.)

Alan G
  6.    #7  
    how would it work? how would nintendo games play on the palm os? or would it just be PIM apps? would it be able to play games developed for tapwave zodiac?
    well, when you power up the nintendo DS, there is an opening screen where you can select whether you want to play a ds game, a gameboy advanced game (there's two game slots), or change some options. With a PalmOS back the nintend DS could open up into a palm setting and let you do palm stuff or select to run a game.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous