1.    #1  
    recently had the directory from my cell phone ported over to my treo 600 by the geeks at the AT&T store in the mall. i can hear the laughing and see the head shaking now so please spare me. what's done is done. the data all ended up in the SIM book and not in my contacts area. it was the best they could do. the problem is accessing the SIM book while driving is a pain in the a$$. anyone know how to move it or do i have to enter all those name's/#'s manually?
    <this is my real toy
    Dude, are you kidding? I certainly hope so. Not to be an a*s but I won't even answer that question its so rediculous.
    Treoseur
    Check the sidebar on page 99 of the AT&T Treo user guide. It explains how to import Contact records from the SIM card.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I won't even answer that question its so rediculous.
    It might have been more prudent to not post anything rather than something that can be interpreted as inflammatory. We like everyone to try and play nice around here.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    Dude, are you kidding? I certainly hope so. Not to be an a*s but I won't even answer that question its so rediculous.
    well. it was a legit question that i had. why waste your precious time with a snide reply when you should be spending it working on your spelling "rediculous".
    <this is my real toy
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Check the sidebar on page 99 of the AT&T Treo user guide. It explains how to import Contact records from the SIM card.
    ok, i think i found the page you are reffering to. i must have a different manual because it's on pg. 48. anyway it says to go into contact view then press menu and to Record menu. i do not get the Record menu option. where is this menu?
    <this is my real toy
    On the Treo 600, the menu button is the one in the lower right hand corner of the keyboard. If you press this while in the CONTACTS section, a menu page will appear. Look on the far left of the screen and touch RECORD. A menu will drop down and one of the items is Import from SIM. Touch this, and follow any other prompts and you should be able to transfer all of your numbers. Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetprop
    On the Treo 600, the menu button is the one in the lower right hand corner of the keyboard. If you press this while in the CONTACTS section, a menu page will appear. Look on the far left of the screen and touch RECORD. A menu will drop down and one of the items is Import from SIM. Touch this, and follow any other prompts and you should be able to transfer all of your numbers. Good luck.
    man, i am feeling really dumb here. i am in the phone mode, i use the 4 way button to get to contacts, i press the menu button and all i get is a single choice drop down menu. the only choice is to add a new contact. AAAAHHHH! where is this record option? sorry guys.
    <this is my real toy
    Hmmm. That is strange. Only thing I can think of now is that you are not yet in the contacts, but only on the phone page, i.e. the page that shows the dial pad. Make certain you get into contacts before you push the menu button. Another possibility is if you have no contacts listed, the appropriate menu items may not show. Make sure you already have a few contacts put into the device. Hope it works for you.
  10.    #10  
    i'm certainly "in" contacts. no matter what path i take to get there i never get the record menu. this is crazy! i'm getting ready to do my best Brett Favre imitation and "go deep" with this thing. thanks for your help.
    <this is my real toy
    OK, final question before I give up. Do you actually have some addresses in the CONTACTS section, or is it still empty? If it is, that may be the reason you are not getting any of the dropdown menus. You indicated in your original post that all your addresses were in the SIM card and I toook that to mean that you had not manually input any data into the CONTACTS section. If I'm correct, put a couple of names and addresses in via the keyboard and see if you can access the dropdowns. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Hate to see you give up on the 600. I've owned mine since they were introduced a couple of years ago and it's clearly the best smartphone around and has been relatively trouble free. Hope you can get it working.
  12.    #12  
    sorry, yes i have some in there and added 2 today after your post. i won't really chuck it. i just have to manually add all my contacts. it's gonna suck but it's not the end of the world. thanks again for your help.
    <this is my real toy
    I have many contacts on my treo 600 that curiously are not on my SIM. When I get my treo 650 in a couple of weeks, how do I get all of those onto my new phone because just putting the old SIM in will leave out lots of contacts. Can you just sync them from the treo 600 version of palm desktop into your new 650? Thanks in advance to anyone with help.