I've got my Treo to synch me corporate email through IMAP, but I'm looking for that magic application that will let me do a remote synch.

Does it exist? Is there are way for me to hit "HotSync" remotely and have my email, tasks, calendar, notes, etc. all sync up, just like it were on the cradle?

Input greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Hello rdub.

The Treo 650 is suppose to support that sort of thing if your company is using a Microsoft Exchange server. I don't have all the details on what is required to make it work. I do know that everything the Treo needs is suppose to be on the Treo software disc. If you are not using a Treo 650, there is still some hope for owners of a Treo 600 as there are some other companies that provide Palm to Exchange data synchronization, such as Good Technologies. The best thing to do is ask your IT department if they support Treo to PIM mangaer synchronization over the air.

Alan G
    Thanks Alan G. I think that might be the problem. I'm the lone PDA user in my organization. We are a small, non-profit, and our IT group is focused on other things. I'm just about the only one that cares about remote access to information. Appreciate the guidance, though, I'll start learning more about Exchange Server and the 650. I've got a 600, but my wife has fallen in love with it and is on me to get a new Treo and give her my old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdub
    I've got my Treo to synch me corporate email through IMAP, but I'm looking for that magic application that will let me do a remote synch.

Does it exist? Is there are way for me to hit "HotSync" remotely and have my email, tasks, calendar, notes, etc. all sync up, just like it were on the cradle?

Input greatly appreciated.
    Yes, you can do a "network" synch, but you need outside access to the PC with the synch s/w. I.e if it is behind a firewall or a router that does NAT it probably will probably not work.

If you know the IP address of the PC with which you wish to synch, you can enter that address in the preferences.

Was orginally used to allow you to atach the cradle to any PC, and sync across the network to the your own PC. However should work across a wireless network too.

Good luck trying out.