Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am getting ready to go on vacation and I will have limited celluar coverage (going on a cruise) Also won't have much want or need to make phone calls. Do I leave my larger Treo at home and take the very small mpx200 to have just in case or do i take my beloved Treo 650 with me? What would you do?
    If I paid that much for a phone, and I will hopefully in a couple of weeks, I would take it everywhere I went. Plus you never know when it might come in handy. At least that's what I would do.
    With the cruise, you will be in port for a few hours before departure and a few when you return, so you will have plenty of time to use (play with) it. I am also going on a cruise and I am taking mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I am getting ready to go on vacation and I will have limited celluar coverage (going on a cruise) Also won't have much want or need to make phone calls. Do I leave my larger Treo at home and take the very small mpx200 to have just in case or do i take my beloved Treo 650 with me? What would you do?
    I take mine everywhere I go because besides being my phone, its my PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    I take mine everywhere I go because besides being my phone, its my PDA.
    Not to mention:
    * Camera ("you'll never guess who was on the cruise with me...")
    * Games ("I didn't know it took that long to board the ship...")
    * Calculator ("no problem, sir/madam, we'll just bill it to your room")
    * Cool factor ("Oh this? It's called a Treo. Let me show you.....)
    I would - took my treo 600 on a sailing trip across the atlantic. It was cool to take a picture and email it after we had crossed the start line when we wouldn't touch land for another 3 weeks.
    Well I have a MPX220 smartphone taht never leaves my side and i just ordered my treo 650 yesterday and it will be here in a couple weeks.

I really have no clue as to which one i would take but I would definitely take one of them. I don't think the little extra size will be a deciding factor.

Maybe the screen size would be a plus. Especially for killing time with a game here and there.
    Nothing wrong to take your Treo with you but unlike standard phones you may have other info on the Treo that you may not have on your regular phone.

Also it may cost more to lose a Treo but it is no different than when you have two different devices and you misplaced your PDA somewhere.

It is better to bring your Treo, just don't lose it.
    Take it! Load up the SD card with ebooks (and a good texas holdem game), and you're good to go! I'm in the middle of reading the 9/11 commision report on my Treo 600. Takes a little getting used to, but starts some great conversations...
    I don't leave home without mines. I agree it would come in handy for taking pics, IM, games as well as having crucial information at your finger tips.

The last cruise (Carnival Victory) that we went on they had an "Internet Cafe" so we were still able to stay connected when out to sea.

Anyone who has a Treo would be well advised to have insurance, travel or not.

So take it and post some pics from your Treo of the cruise when you can.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I take mine everywhere. We just returned from a 4 day winter snow shoe/ ski camping trip in the Adirondacks. I listened to Ptunes via the speaker as I pulled the sled on skis along the trail, enjoying the sunshine and scenery. Took lots of photos and videos. We built and slept in a snow cave, got some videos of that inside and out. We went exploring looking at animal tracks. It was a glorious 4 days! It was warm and full of sunshine with lots of snow all around and we did not run into a single soul!. It was so warm in the snow cave I had to bale and retreat to the tent.

On our 11 mile hike/ski out on the snowy trails and finally across Mason Lake my 650 went to zero charge and would not power up anymore. I was afraid that I'd lose everything. When plugged into the cradle after getting back to the car, nothing was lost thankfully. I had the 650 on a leash hung around my neck the whole time (including in the sleeping bag) othewise I would have lost it. Having the treo was great. Take it with you on the cruise fer sure and post some pics for us to see.
    P.S. A little tip since we vacation around water a bit. Take a couple of ziplock sandwich bags. Comes in handy around the pool and beach and helps keep your blood pressure down with unexpected splashes around the Treo.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I don't leave home without mines. I agree it would come in handy for taking pics, IM, games as well as having crucial information at your finger tips.

The last cruise (Carnival Victory) that we went on they had an "Internet Cafe" so we were still able to stay connected when out to sea.

Anyone who has a Treo would be well advised to have insurance, travel or not.

So take it and post some pics from your Treo of the cruise when you can.
    Question, what do you do about insurance? do you add it as a rider on your homeowners or do you have a separate policy?
    Y'all got far too many gadgets. Two smart phones? I can barely keep track of, let alone afford, one.
    I have Lockline insurance with Sprint. It's $4.00 a month but it came in handy when my Treo got wet and needed to be replaced. Not covered under the warranty. $35 bucks and I got one in the mail. Much cheaper than trying to scrape up another $400-500 for a new unit.

With homeowners insurance I don't think it would be covered unless there was a theft, fire, etc. I tried to file a claim on my laptop recently (spill damage) and it was a no go. I have Travelers Home Insurance.

I would take it with me. I have played with the 650 at my local SPCS store, and the phone/pda has many cool features for one to stay busy with. I do some flying, and a cell phone will get very boring compared to a 650.

personally, if the ship was sinking, i would want to go down with my treo. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg123
    personally, if the ship was sinking, i would want to go down with my treo. :-)
    That's comforting. LOL

There are lots of times when I found lugging my Treo650, or my current PPC6601 to be too much for the type of activity. That's why I got me a little cute Sanyo PM8200 with a shared plan so when I'm not in need for the full features of the PDA phone I use the good ol' reliable Sanyo when shopping, biking, jogging, etc.
    To save battery, turn off the radio on the cruise. If there is no coverage on the cruise the Treo could use a lot of power searching for a signal.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Is-Good
    To save battery, turn off the radio on the cruise. If there is no coverage on the cruise the Treo could use a lot of power searching for a signal.
    Great Tip Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast