Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Soooo tired of waiting on P1 for an unlocked GSM 650. I ordered 10AM on the 2nd and I am still backordered, meanwhile people who ordered after me are getting their phones. Screw it, pulled the trigger on a Sprint Treo 650 with unlimited internet.

    If I don't like it back it goes, if i like it I'm outta GSM land.

    We shall see! Hopefully it gives me OK coverage out here on the coast. But hey, if not, no harm no foul

    Just venting
  2. #2  
    Just so you know, im loving the sprint service. Then again, i haven't compared it to GSM.

    Let me know what you think of Sprint. I'd like to know how you compare it.
  3.    #3  
    The cost is half of what I would pay with CIngular and is 1/3rd of what I am paying today with AT&T (without data!). I'm not expecting miracles but we will see.

    It'll come right on time, I'll be travelling back east a bit so I'll get to test it in all sorts of places and get a bigger picture then in my immediate region.

    I'll post my impressions this weekend.
  4. #4  
    I'm very happy with Sprint, so welcome!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5. #5  
    I just got my sprint treo 650 last Friday and am very impressed with the service, and speed of the internet. i had a gsm treo 600 for months last year and the download speeds were pathetic at 40k. sprint gets me 120k, which is a whole lot better.

    good luck with the conversion
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
  6. #6  
    I've had my T650 for just over a month now after defecting from Verizon to PCS. Let me tell you, my coverage/reception is better than it ever was on VZW with an LG 4500. Probably partially because of the fact that I am in New York City and never leave and partially because of the unit itself. I now get great reception in my basement office whereas I got nothing with VZW, and the $15.00 data plan is unbeatable. Despite all the horror stories about the CS, the help from Spring has been fast and friendly. Then again, I haven't had a really big problem to correct... yet.
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
  7. #7  
    A reason why I may convert to Sprint from T-Mobile is Sprint is the only carrier that is currently offering a cameraless version of the 650.
  8.    #8  
    So I am a week+ in with my Treo650 on Sprint (moved from pure voice with AT&T). Here are my thoughts:

    1) Ok Treo 650, awesome awesome awesome. Battery life sucks but hey, I do data all day long.

    2) Pricing. WOW, unlimited, $15? If i go over my minutes I have a small charge? low plan cost? This is awesome.

    3) Coverage. WAY better then my GSM. Look, I don't need my phone when I am climbing half-dome but on my commute and biz travel its great. I just got back from Philly (I live south of San Francisco) and the entire trip was perfect coverage.

    So, I'm sold. Moving my number over this week and staying with Sprint for awhile.
  9. #9  
    yeah - i'm really happy w/ sprint

    i'm coming from nextel - dropped calls all the time - it was predictable - same places all the time

    sprint - i count 5 times i've dropped a call since dec 30 when i bought it (most of those are after the roaming patch !!! hmmm...)


    i really like biz connect - where email goes to my desktop, then i see it on my cell phone

    great!

    a/v and HD storage on the desktop - just see what you need on the cell phone (email doesn't take up space) good stuff
  10. jmm2004's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #10  
    Another converted Sprinter here (from Verizon), and here are my two cents...
    Rates: Better by a mile, especially when you factor in Unlimited Internet.
    Coverage: Okay, I'm in NYC (work in Manhattan, live in Queens) so you would expect great coverage. Well here is where I was floored....

    To test SPRINT coverage, I did not get the $5 roaming package and I turned OFF digital roaming. Then I went on a FOUR DAY DRIVE to move my girlfriend from NYC to FT WORTH TEXAS. Let me tell you. The ENTIRE way through NY, NJ, PA, VA, KY, AR, and TX I lost signal ONCE for about 30 seconds. (I would be checking every 20-30 min)

    Now you can say NYC is one thing, but let me tell you, there are some DESOLATE areas between here and Texas. I had 2 bars or more, was able to make/rec calls, and surf the net the whole way. Personally, I'm totally convinced of the service/coverage that Sprint has.
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
  11. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #11  
    Another Sprint customer that is happy here. Coverage is awesome, calling plan prices with data are unbeatable, un-EVDO speeds the fastest with soon to be EVDO, always first to release the newest Treos, and a retention department that works with the customer in giving a deal too good to pass up to remain a Sprint customer.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm2004
    Another converted Sprinter here (from Verizon), and here are my two cents...
    Rates: Better by a mile, especially when you factor in Unlimited Internet.
    Coverage: Okay, I'm in NYC (work in Manhattan, live in Queens) so you would expect great coverage. Well here is where I was floored....

    To test SPRINT coverage, I did not get the $5 roaming package and I turned OFF digital roaming. Then I went on a FOUR DAY DRIVE to move my girlfriend from NYC to FT WORTH TEXAS. Let me tell you. The ENTIRE way through NY, NJ, PA, VA, KY, AR, and TX I lost signal ONCE for about 30 seconds. (I would be checking every 20-30 min)

    Now you can say NYC is one thing, but let me tell you, there are some DESOLATE areas between here and Texas. I had 2 bars or more, was able to make/rec calls, and surf the net the whole way. Personally, I'm totally convinced of the service/coverage that Sprint has.
    True. People are always like "well, you can't use data while roaming on sprint, so that's a dealbreaker for me." My answer to that is, if you are actually without a sprint signal and roaming, you are in the middle of nowhere. Literally. The coverage is so good, roaming isn't an issue 98% of the time. Yes, there are small towns/cities that still don't have good sprint coverage, but overall, coverage is top-notch.

    I have been w/Sprint since 2000 and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. BTW, speaking of coverage, I have a Nokia ATT TDMA phone for work. The coverage of that thing is embarrassing. If I'm out of a MAJOR city, it garbles and has so much static, it's useless. I have so many minutes w/Sprint that I just use my personal phone for all work calls. Hey, I may be paying for it, but at least my customers can hear me.

    Glad to hear you took a chance w/Sprint and decided to stay (the OP).
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by siberian
    I just got back from Philly (I live south of San Francisco) and the entire trip was perfect coverage.
    While driving from (CA) coast to (PA) coast, I didnt have totally coverage the entire time. Then again, I-80 doesnt offer much by way of scenary, so it would stand to reason that coverage was faint.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Another Sprint customer that is happy here. Coverage is awesome, calling plan prices with data are unbeatable, un-EVDO speeds the fastest with soon to be EVDO, always first to release the newest Treos, and a retention department that works with the customer in giving a deal too good to pass up to remain a Sprint customer.

    True, let's not forget that PCS does release new technology sooner than others (I won't mention names but their initials are VZW) so that at least we'll have a little time enjoying the new toys before they become eclipsed by the next generation.
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
  15. #15  
    ack! gsm! well not only do they have slower data speeds, but I am hearing they also produce more radiation than cdma (sprint) phones.
    you'll see a dramatic boost in web browsing with sprint. I've loved it for 3 years. welcome to PCS.

Posting Permissions