1.    #1  
    Hey guys!

I am a new poster to these forums. I am an avid 650 user...lovin every minute of it.

Now that I am browsing the internet with my phone, I have noticed some limitations and was wondering if you guys have experienced the same thing with your service providers...

A 2mb download limit (per file) is what I get with Sprint. So basically, if I wanted to make a video available on my site for people to download and watch, the maximum length it can be is 30 seconds. (30 second asf video at 320x240 resolution = 2mb)

Do you guys have the same sort of limit on your downloads? I was hoping to offer longer videos to Treo 650 visitors.

I know in europe the downloads are charged per mb, but in the us, i think it is up to the service provider.

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I just checked out dvdmon's blog and found that interesting article that compares serviceproviders. Thanks for that although it doesn't answer my question about file size limits per downloadable file.... Please let me know.

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeFang
    A 2mb download limit (per file) is what I get with Sprint.
    I wasn't aware that Sprint had a download limit...

I was hoping to offer longer videos to Treo 650 visitors.
    The Blazer app has a 2mb filesize limit, so anything larger won't be accessible to 650 users unless they're using an alternate browser.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply.

perhaps I was confusing what really was the browser limit..

That's too bad. Why would they limit such a thing? sheesh.

thanks again,

- Tye