1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to change where the photo thumbnails attached to the contacts are saved? I would like to have these default to the memory card so I do not take up my precious main memory.... its....my....precious
    It's up to you. If they are in "unfiled" they're on the SD card. I copied all of my photos to the memory card using the camera app, and the contacts app still finds them.

You can put your wallpaper images on the card, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    I see how to copy photos to card using the Media app. But I c/n figure out how to have it save to the SD card by default (thus avoiding 2 step picture, media app, copy). When you go to a contact and click the empty picture thumb and select camera it does not give you any menu options.
    I suspect your contact photos are stored within contacts. That may be why the made these so small and u have no choice.
    FastFrank
  5.    #5  
    (From Treo) Bummer.. Wonder how much each pic takes. Esp if saved as sep. under the new file sys. Makes me reluctant to use the pic feature.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I did some peeking (using Insider) at contact record sizes with and without photos.

Typ Contact w/o Photo
    50 - 250 bytes
    Typ Contact w Photo
    5000 - 8000 bytes

So my guess was not bad.

It is interesting that I am seeing files that are not a multiple of the famous 512 bytes. Not sure what is going on?
    FastFrank
    Files in the same category/directory may be lumped together, and that may be what has to be a multiple of 512.

Just a guess.
  8.    #8  
    Thx for the info FastFrank. Maybe by the time I take enough photos of my contacts to fill up my Treo the Treo 850 will be out with 128MB standard
    5-8K is fair for contacts with photos, since I'll only use photos for family and close friends...
    thanks for the information...
  10. 320
    I have looked everywhere for an answer to this -- I had a bunch of photos stored on my 600 -- most taken with a digital camera and uploaded to the 600 (they are stored on my pc at this location: c:/programfiles/palmone/treopictures/cindy/unfiled). After upgrading the palm software to the 650, the pictures are still in that same file location on my pc -- but they don't upload to the 650 when I hotsynch. I tried moving them to the ...cindy/transfer folder but that didn't work either. Does anybody know how to upload pictures from the pc to the treo 650?
    THANKS
    Cindy
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I've only used my card reader to transfer files from pc to sd card.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by 320
    I have looked everywhere for an answer to this -- I had a bunch of photos stored on my 600 -- most taken with a digital camera and uploaded to the 600 (they are stored on my pc at this location: c:/programfiles/palmone/treopictures/cindy/unfiled). After upgrading the palm software to the 650, the pictures are still in that same file location on my pc -- but they don't upload to the 650 when I hotsynch. I tried moving them to the ...cindy/transfer folder but that didn't work either. Does anybody know how to upload pictures from the pc to the treo 650?
    THANKS
    Your path is wrong. But I'm too lazy to look up the correct one.

Since you know where the files are, just open Palm Desktop, click on Media, and then drag the files over.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. 320
    Clicking on Media and Add Media worked like a charm........still would like to know where those files are on my pc -- I'm old school drag and drop with windows explorer......hmmmmmm......will keep looking. But it works for now and I appreciate your suggestion.
    (double duh)
    Cindy
    Cindy
    Try this

c:\Program Files\palmOne\cindy\Photos
    Are they .jpg files, if so, an easy search would find them on the PC.

I find a sd/universal card reader is a good way to xfer files.
    FastFrank