Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just switched from ppc to treo 650 and one thing I miss is the voice dailing. well I found voicesignal and loaded but it just don't work. it freezes on updating contacts and only registration button works. I donlt have good link. can anyone help me. I want it to work before I buy it.
  2.    #2  
    i got it working it was conflicting with other program.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    what program was causing the conflict?
    It hangs for me, but I already bought the program

Somebody was smarter than I
  5.    #5  
    it was one of the launcher. I think it was called h-luncher. hope that helper. I eventually took it off my palm. It took just as much work for me to say it and see it and correct it than to just punch in two letters of the person on my list. But it is a great program.
    Does any1 know the $$$ for voicesignal app?
    Can you train entries in VoiceSignal's Voice Dial?

I'm testing both VoiceSignal Voice Dail and Voice Dialer Pro for about 3 days now: The former seems useless unless I'm in a quite place, and even then the recognition is not as consistent as I would like. The latter has some quirks but of course will take a significant effort to train. Being able to train problematic entries in VoiceSignal Voice Dail may be a good enhancement. I could not seem to find that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by hikermitch
    Does any1 know the $$$ for voicesignal app?
    It's $19.99 and well worth it. I have both Voicesignal and Voice Launcher but prefer Voicesignal since I only need voicedial access for contacts and it works without training. I use my favorites for the application. I find Voice Launcher too tedious to train and if I ever lose the settings I have to retrain it again. Plus I have about 200 contacts atleast 50 + contacts I would have to train Voice Launcher for. With Voicesignal..all 200 contacts works right away.
    Voice Dial (program) seems to work just fine.
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by jazlee68
    I just switched from ppc to treo 650 and one thing I miss is the voice dailing. well I found voicesignal and loaded but it just don't work. it freezes on updating contacts and only registration button works. I donlt have good link. can anyone help me. I want it to work before I buy it.
    give voice dialer PRO a try. www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I just received an e-mail from the someone at Voice Signal that said that Palm is coming out with their own voice dialing on the next update. The message did not give a time frame, but knowing palm, it should be ready by 2009.
    I use Voice Signal's Voice Dial...it was the quickest I have ever bought a program during the trial period....after 2 hours and 3 calls i was a registered (paying) user.
    Voice dial absolutely will not work for me! It dials digits fine, but i have yet to get it to dial a name in my contacts, is there something im missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SigEptex
    Voice dial absolutely will not work for me! It dials digits fine, but i have yet to get it to dial a name in my contacts, is there something im missing?
    I seem to remember reading that you need to register (and pay) to upgrade to the name dialing.
    Hey Sig,

I was having the same problem with Voice Dial....I was not saying "call XXX Mobile (or home or whatever). I was just saying "XXX mobile (or home)". You have to make sure you say "call" first, then the name and then the type of number (home, mobile, etc.)

After I started doing that it worked great and I love it. I'm using the trial now but I am going to def. buy it, it works great, especially when I am driving.
    I installed Voice Dial last night and uninstalled it 10mins later. I couldn't get it to work 80% of the time. I didn't realize about the "call" first??? Guess it helps to read the manual. Bette try it again.
    Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Another tip on using Voice Dial.....use the full name. Saying "Call Chris" or "Call Chris Jones" is going to be less effective if you have it in your contacts as "Christopher Jones". After a month of usage I found myself cursing it for the 1st time Friday.....when I changed "Chris" to "Christopher" it worked like a charm <g>.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyowell
    I just received an e-mail from the someone at Voice Signal that said that Palm is coming out with their own voice dialing on the next update. The message did not give a time frame, but knowing palm, it should be ready by 2009.
    Uhhh...would you consider copying the email message here. This is the first I've heard of P1 talking about supporting VD.
    does it work with a bluetooth headset? or only with a wired mic and directly into the phone?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, also do you think it has anything to do with whether the contact is stored on your sim card or your phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast