1.    #1  
    How do I download other midi files as ringtones?

a) What extension must they have, in order to be recognized?
    b) How do I "move" them from the flash card into memory, so that they appear in the ringtones list when I am chosing tones for calendar alerts and individuals' ringtones?

c) [and this is the most difficult one] does anyone know of a conversion utility that converts wave files to midi?

Thanks! :shortcut:
    use the IR transfer from your laptop, that's the easiest

Also, RTFM and the FAQ! All this info is on the Palm website.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    how do i get different ring tones for this phone. (new user) please someone help
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingstylez
    use the IR transfer from your laptop, that's the easiest

Also, RTFM and the FAQ! All this info is on the Palm website.
    Bluetooth works too. That's how I transferred the backgrounds and ringers from my T608.

c) [and this is the most difficult one] does anyone know of a conversion utility that converts wave files to midi?
    Can't be done. The mathematics of that is too hard.
    I have an mp3 song that i want to use as a ringer...when i download it from my computer to my treo650, it automatically insists on saving it on the card. i cannot get the "tones" section of the phone to recognize anything on the card. so i am confused on how to do this.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Midi:
    Point Blazer at the MIDI file. It should ask you to save the file and automatically add it to the ringtones.

MP3:
    To use MP3 ringtones, you need to use a 3rd party piece of software such as Lightwav and PocketTunes.
    Anyone have any suggestions on a site with some good free ringtones in MIDI?
    TIA
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    treobits.com
    I am trying pocket tunes and I cant find where to select to use as mp3's ringtones
    Like the Treobits site thx PunkAce. Downloaded all their non-musical ringtones. Looking for more like that... I like to have several to make alerts unique but not to long to be obnoxious. Maybe some Star Trek TNG communicator sounds..hmm I had a CD with a midi of those awhile back. Something really geeky
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    there's a new app from www.toysoft.ca that will convert any sound from your card to a midi & straight to you sounds list on your phone. I forgot the name of the app but look at their site and read all the apps, you'll see it. Remember this will take from your main memory.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Correction it works only on wave files. App is Wav2tones, here is the link: www.toysoft.ca/wav2tones.html
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter