Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i am looking to purchase a new phone in the comming months and i was wondering if there is any news on new treo's such as the treo 700 on the horizon? i have seen some pictures of what the 700 is to be but i dont know how true they are. if anyone can help please let me know.

thank you
    The 650 literally just came out and is available to a grand total of one carrier (Cingular will have it shortly).

If you want a Treo this year, your best bet is to just get a 650. If you always wait for the newest technology, you'll never buy anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    i have seen some pictures of what the 700 is to be but i dont know how true they are.

What? You seen pics? Hmmm... Excuse my skepticism if I don't totally believe you (the nature of forums like this), but please try to describe if you can what these pics look like. Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ........i have seen some pictures of what the 700 is to be.......
    Wow , can you please direct us to these pictures. I am very interested.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Yeah, if you have treo 700 pictures (even if you doubt their authenticity) please post!
    Lefty, Are you referring to a T700 concept? Product concepts precede product launch by almost a year. It used to be longer when I was in the business.

Still, posting an example pic/link would be nice, unless you've seen it in a closed board room meeting.
  7.    #7  
    here is the link that i found the picture at:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=216984
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    It used to be longer when I was in the business.
    Wow. Thanks goodness you got out or we'd STILL be waiting. (kid'n)
    Someone photoshopped that. Note: no home button, wrong color, sync port protrudes unlike current models.

Oh well.
    here is the link that i found the picture at:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=216984
    Bla... that's a weak photoshop fake!

At least make it look good like this or this or even this!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Someone photoshopped that. Note: no home button, wrong color, sync port protrudes unlike current models.

Oh well.
    yea.. that's a badly photoshoped Treo 600.. has power button, and old version of phone application navigation menu.

nothing to see here, move along.. get a Treo 650
    gfunk,
    Looks like one of those fakes is running TomTom's GPS Navigator. Cool!
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I think it's a fake, too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Yeah, they'd be crazy to lose the thumboard and go back to graffiti.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Yeah, they'd be crazy to lose the thumboard and go back to graffiti.

I don't think so at all... In fact I think it would be very smart of PalmOne if they diversified their product line and offered different Treos with different form factors and niche audiances. Specifically, I think a non-thumbboard treo model would be interesting, but I would also want it to have slider numeric keypad similar to the GSPDA G88 smartphone or something like many other 'slider-type' phones out there right now. Thus a treo with a true 320x480 tablet screen and numeric slider keypad underneath would be very intereesting device imo...

http://www.gspda.com/product/images/g88c.gif
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/25/2005 at 06:35 PM.

I like how every jackass in that forum where the pic was posted believed the guy no questions asked..... hah
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    I like how every jackass in that forum where the pic was posted believed the guy no questions asked..... hah
    I had that same thought!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    There's no way I'd buy a Treo without a keypad (physical one, not just one on the screen). Due to it's wireless capabilities (namely email), data entry (and not just access) is extremely important. And you can only do so much with grafitti or an on-screen keypad.
    What is photoshop? What do you mean? It's not real? LOL

Seriously though, I would like to see 320X480 resolution.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I love the idea of the slider keyboard a la Tungsten T3. though when you rotate the treo your keyboard will become useless.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast