1.    #1  
    I have a T-Mobile Treo 600 that I have been using for about 8 months. I moved to Sprint and bought a 650. I backup my 600 with Botzam Backup and it backs up everything (I think). How do I move all my previous SMS messages, Favorites and call log to my new phone? That is all I want to save. I can get the Calendar update and Contacts from my Hotsync and Outlook. I have the same number since it is being ported over. If I just restore those logs to the new phone will that suffice or will it corrupt something seeing that it is a 650 instead of a 600? If all I have to do is restore those files what is their name?

Though I have had a 600 for a while and monitor this forum quite frequently, I have not seen a thread specific to just these three restores (if I missed them, I apologize ahead of time). Of course, I dont want to restore all the files, because I want a fresh 650, I just want the SMS messages, the Call log and my Favorites.

Any pointers you can provide, even if just to another thread (that I could not find), I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    Here is a support article on the precise topic:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,CASE=obj(14403)

I searched on the Treo 650 support page for the word upgrade.

So it looks like SMS history will migrate OK but not the other two. I presume the databse formats have changed too much. With regard to call logs, the intention of a call log is to record a log for a particular phone moreso than for a phone number - that may be the reason this does not migrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,CASE=obj(14403)

So it looks like SMS history will migrate OK but not the other two. I presume the databse formats have changed too much. With regard to call logs, the intention of a call log is to record a log for a particular phone moreso than for a phone number - that may be the reason this does not migrate.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to do without the call log. Is there an application anywhere that will allow me to read the log on a pc or something. I have a lot of phone numbers I may have to reference later as to the time the call was made and such.
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron

I don't see anything on this page about restoring SMS messages. Did I miss something? I have several SMS I'd like to transport as well.
    Thats cause it doesnt restore any SMSes at all. Everything i read on the Palmone site stated it would be lost as it wasnt compatible with the new 650 databases. ANd there were alot on my old 600 too.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Not True! I managed to transfer all my call logs, favorites and book marks from my Treo 600 to the 650 using the prc's on the hard drive of my laptop. I just ID-ed them and clicked on them followed by a hotsynch and I was in business. Did the same with Calendar, Memo, Contacts and Task to achieve a clean upload. If you have a backup HD Card with BackupMan as you backup software of choice you can "Restore" individual files by choice without all the 600 baggage.
    I tried to move the SMS_<number>.PDB files over, but they're not recognized in the SMS application :-( Looking through the files there appears to be a new database, messages_database.PDB (or something like that) that holds all the SMSes. Does anyone have any idea how to migrate a load of older Treo 600 SMS .PDBs over to the new Treo 650 format?
    This has been discussed before but unfortunately it cannot be done.
    I use a mac. I upgraded from a 600 & simply used the backup with Hotsync to restore ALL my data. Everything was installed on my 650 including, snapper mail, sms, call log. There were no conflicts.
    :-( OK, thanks for the answer anyway.