Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Is this the same guy selling bogus treos?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...506442527&rd=1
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    yep - or one of his cousins
    If you scroll down to the bottom, it says its a Sprint phone...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brynat
    If you scroll down to the bottom, it says its a Sprint phone...
    True, but this guy has been using false/deceptive advertising tricks for the past year, going so far as to actually claim to have a gsm model. He is no stranger and others on this board also believe that he has hijacked other ebay users' ID's to build credibility.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    He Posted it in: Collectibles > Transportation > Boats, Ships > Sail-Powered category.
    I thought it was pretty funny where he wrote:

Item location: my home
    United States

As if telling us his home is the US will make us believe him.

Yeah...right. Great English.
    I sent him an email asking if this is a sprint phone or GSM and here is his reply:

HI
    First I want to tell you that my phones are brand new, unopened box
    all accessories included and also an international warranty.
    The invoice will come at the same time with the package.
    My price is the best you could get: 300USD(not euro), including the
    shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
    will be delivered from Europe.
    As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
    15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
    a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
    use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
    also very secure way of sending money.
    The phones work using any network, any mobile provider.
    So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
    Waiting your quick answer right now,

THANK YOU

me again.....I wish he was telling the truth. Has anyone dealt with him before?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1colorado
    I sent him an email asking if this is a sprint phone or GSM and here is his reply:

HI
    As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
    So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.

THANK YOU

There have been others on this board that really pressed him for info, including myself, with little or no results. He has been reported to ebay many times and each time his listing was pulled only to reappear under a different name. Really ruins ebay for the rest of us.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  9. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    a fool and his $300 are soon parted.

His ad says Sprint phone, they work on quad bands, are GSM and come fron Europe....

Let's see:

Sprint is unavailable in Europe
    GSM 650's are unavailable anywhere
    If GSM 650s were available, they'd be selling for $600+ on ebay
    Western Union is a safe way for the "seller" to get his money - you plunk down your $300 at the WU office and he picks up the money on his end
    You get ..... nothing.....
    Cheers

Charles
    If anyone has ever received any email messages saying "Your Ebay account is about to expire" or something similar, this is the result. These emails will have a link that goes to a fake ebay looking page asking for your id. I've opened up emails and put in fake user id's and passwords to see what will happen, and it just says user id not valid, which means the website simply keeps track of all the ID's and passwords for use to sell items like this.
    What is the best way to notify the person who's id has been stolen about the situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1colorado

HI

THANK YOU

Ya I spoke to this guy a few months ago. Same exact response. He is full of ****.
    It's been removed.
    Yeah, eBay finally wised up.

Think of eBay as the web garage sale. Sometimes you get great deals on good merchandise. Other times you only end up with junk that someone is trying to unload.

Does eBay enforce item returns if they are defective, or do not meet my needs? I sell on Amazon Marketplace, and they are very tough. I returned items, and accepted returns if the buyer was not happy.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I wrote to him and asked why his listing was removed. Here is his response:

"I have stoped the auction because I have so many offers from different ebayers and I dont know who is who and what item wants everyone.I get more and more confused...If you want the item , please mail me soon and we will have a deal.
    Thank you"

So, beware.
    < moved >
    This guy has put up about 10 scams (that have reported here anyway, who knows how many in total,) since the 650 was first announced by P1, before it was even available from Sprint. Every time someone it's reported here someone reports him to ebay and it gets taken down, BUT IT KEEPS HAPPENING. Who knows how many people he's actually ripped off. My question is what is wrong with ebay that the same things happens over and over again? I don't trust them, and from the looks of it they run as lousy operation.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me ten times and I should hire new security experts!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    This guy has put up about 10 scams (that have reported here anyway, who knows how many in total,) since the 650 was first announced by P1, before it was even available from Sprint. Every time someone it's reported here someone reports him to ebay and it gets taken down, BUT IT KEEPS HAPPENING. Who knows how many people he's actually ripped off. My question is what is wrong with ebay that the same things happens over and over again? I don't trust them, and from the looks of it they run as lousy operation.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me ten times and I should hire new security experts!
    He has also had several running for the Motorola MPx 300 and the Nokia 9500.. But He got a Little smarter on the last one, He made it a private auction so we couldnt contact the Bidders and warn them.. You would think that Ebay could have a simple program written to check the text of a sale for "use this Email address to contact me instead of ask the buyer" then have a Live person check out the questionable ones...
    The last guy who f&^(*d me on Ebay is now in jail after I rallied 10 other Ebayers to request that his states attorney general file suit against him for internet fraud. I one he lost big time! Thje other time someone dicked with me on Ebay I tracked him down to where he moored his boat in the Bahamas. I got a hold of his bartender who sided with me and refused to give him any more drinks or referrals for rental of his yacht until he paid me off. I am working on guy number 3 right now. He'll have a hard time sitting down after I get done wtih him too!

The bottom line is that Ebay does more to protect the sellers than buyers!

a.k.a Anthony Fasiglioni Internet Goombah!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    ****ers....... I warned the two bidders on this auction... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...552710762&rd=1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast